Paal Poli Recipe with Step by Step pictures. Milk poli is Fried Poori's Filled with Khoya & Soaked in Creamy Milk Sauce.
This is an authentic desert which taste so rich and creamy. I made this yesterday and everyone in my family loved it a lot. Traditionally you don't need to stuff the poli's but i stuffed it with khoya to make it even more special. You can make it for any special occasions.
About Paal Poli Recipe | Milk poli Recipe
Paal Poli is a traditional South Indian dessert that consists of deep- fried semolina puri soaked in sweet saffron milk. Its a hybrid of two recipes in which a deep-fried wheat/maida poori is steeped in an evaporated milk rabdi. It is a popular dessert in southern India, especially in Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh.
Ingredients for Stuffed Paal Poli
All Purpose Flour / Maida :
All-purpose flour can be used for a variety of tasks, including baking, cooking, coating meats and vegetables, and thickening sauces and gravies. To manufacture all-purpose flour, a blend of hard wheat (which has more gluten) and soft wheat is crushed together.
Sooji / Rava / Semolina :
Suji, also known as semolina, has been a staple in Indian cuisine for centuries. Semolina, which is made from coarsely ground whole wheat, is widely used in South Indian cuisine. This coarsely ground grain is used in a variety of sweet and savoury dishes.
Cashews contain a lot of starch, which will thicken sauces just like flour and potatoes do. The use of cashews over flour, for example, has the advantage of adding a lot of flavour to the sauce.
Paal Poli Recipe | Milk Poli Recipe
- Paal kova / Sweetened Khoya – as needed
- Cashews – 10 pieces for garnishing fried
- Oil for deep frying
- For Dough:
- All purpose flour / Maida – 250 gms
- Rawa / Sooji / Semolina – 3 tblspn
- Sugar – 2 tblspn
- Oil / Ghee- 1 tblspn
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Water as needed
- For Milk Sauce:
- Milk – ½ liter
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Cardamom / Yelakai – 3 crushed
- Take all the ingredients given for dough in a mixing bowl except water and mix well. Slowly add in water and make into a stiff dough. Cover with a bowl and let it rest for 30 mins.
- Now take the dough out and roll it into thin sheets. Take a sharp edge bowl or any round cutter and cut the dough into circles.
- Take one circle in front of you. Spoon some khoya in the centre and cover it with another one circle. Seal the edges with a fork.Do everything like this.
- Now fry this in hot oil till light golden. Drain and set aside.
- Mean time Make the milk sauce. Take milk, cardamom and sugar in a sauce pan and bring it to a boil. Simmer it for 15 mins till it get little thicker and creamier. It should not get so thick, keep stirring often.
- Pour this sauce over the polis and garnish with fried cashew nuts.
- Put into the fridge chill.
- Serve cold.
Paal Poli Recipe Step by Step Pictures
|Take all your ingredients|
|add everything to a mixing bowl|
|and make into a dough|
|Start rolling it out|
|into thin sheets|
|use a sharp edge pot to cut out circles|
|all done..time to fill|
|You will need pal kova / Sweetened Khoya ( ClickHere for recipe)|
|spoon them in centre|
|cover with another sheet|
|seal the edges with a fork|
|all done..time to fry|
|deep fry them|
|all done..time to soak them|
|Now make milk sauce..Take milk, sugar and cardamom in a saucepan|
|boil it and reduce it|
|pour over the polis|