Vanilla Sponge Cake Recipe – Christmas Cake Recipes with step wise pictures.
A very basic sponge cake recipe which is so soft and fluffy sponge cake recipe which is super easy to make but taste so delicious and soft.
I have been wanting a proper sponge cake recipe and finally i found one. This sponge cake is super basic and super easy to make. It calls for very basic ingredients.
When i found this recipe, i actually halved the recipe and made a very small cake which has less height. But the written recipe which i have given is the actual cake and gives a standard round cake.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Egg Whites - 4
- Egg Yolks - 4
- Sugar - ¾ cup (150 grams)
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 cup (120 grams)
- Salt a pinch
- Oil or Melted Butter - ⅛ cup (30 ml)
- Milk - 40 ml (1/8 cup + 1 tblsp)
- Vinegar or Lemon Juice - 1 tsp
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
- Preheat oven to 150 degree C. Grease and line a pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Take egg yolks and beat till creamy.
- Take milk, oil and vanilla in a bowl and whisk well.
- Take egg whites, vinegar in a bowl and beat till it gets frothy. Add in sugar and beat till it gets stiff peaks.
- Add in egg yolk, flour, salt, milk mix and fold gently.
- Spoon it into the baking pan and pop the pan in oven and bake at 150 degree C for 30 mins, now increase the temp to 170 degree C and bake for 3 mins.
- Remove it and cool it down. Now remove it from pan and slice and serve.
1)Take all your ingredients
2)Grease a pan with oil and flour it well. Set aside.
3)Take milk in a bowl.
4)Add in oil.
5)Add in vanilla
7)Separate egg whites and egg yolks. I halved the recipe so i got a small cake with less height, but the written recipe will give a normal round cake with good height.
8)Take egg whites in a bowl and use a electric beater to whip it till frothy.
9)Add some vinegar as well.
10)Whip till frothy.
11)Add powdered sugar slowly and continue beating.
13)Add sugar little at a time and keep mixing.
14)NOw it is whipped till stiff peaks.
15)Add in egg yolks.
17)Add in flour, little at a time and mix well.
18)Fold it gently.
19)Add remaining flour mix.
20)Add in the milk and oil mix in.
22)spoon this in the pan.
23)Bake at 150 degree C for 30 mins and then increase the heat to 170 degree C and bake for 3 mins.
24)Remove it from oven and cool it down.
25)Slice and serve.
Look how soft and fluffy the cake is!