Chocolate Cherry Trifle Recipe with step wise pictures.
Chocolate cherry trifle is not only an easy recipe to try but it taste amazing too. This is just wonderful when served cold for any parties.
This trifle is one of the quickest and easiest desert you could ever make. Plus it is so tasty and light.Great for big parties or get togethers. But i can assure you can finish this whole thing from start to finish in under 30 mins. I made this with just cake, custard and cream.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Wheat Flour - 1 cup
- Cocoa Powder - ¼ cup
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Baking Soda - ½ tsp
- Salt a pinch
- Egg - 1
- Milk - ½ cup
- Oil - ¼ cup
- Maple Syrup or Honey - ½ cup
- Cornflour - 4 tblsp
- Cocoa powder - 4 tblsp
- Milk - 1½ cup
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Canned Cherry - 1 can
- Whipped Cream as needed
- Chocolate Sprinkles as needed
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Mix dry ingredients for cake in a bowl. Add all the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon this in a baking dish and bake for 35 to 40 mins.
- Remove and cool completely.
- Now Mix cornflour, cocoa powder in a bowl. Add little milk and mix well so there is no lumps.
- Now Heat milk in a sauce pan. Add in sugar and mix well.
- Add the cocoa mix in and stir till it thickens. Set aside to cool down.
- Take the cake, slice it. Now take trifle stand and place cake in the bottom.
- Spoon the cherry liquid over it and let them soak.
- Now top with cherries and custard.
- Top with whipped cream when serving and more sprinkles and cherries
- Serve cold.
1)Start by making cake. Take wheat flour in a bowl.
2)Add cocoa powder
3)Add baking powder
5)Add baking soda
7)Add in egg
9)Add in milk
10)Add in honey or maple syrup
12)Spoon this into baking pan
13)Bake till done
14)Take cornflour in a bowl
15)Add cocoa powder
18)Take milk in a sauce pan and bring it to a boil
20)Mix well and bring it to a boil
21)Add the cocoa mix in
22)Stir till it thickens
23)Take sponge cake in a trifle stand
24)Top with the liquid
25)Top with cherries
26)Top with custard
27)Top with cream
28)Spread cream over custard
29)Decorate and serve