Sweet Chana Dal Paratha Recipe with step wise pictures
Delicious chana dal paratha which taste amazing when served hot. This paratha is not only nutritious but is super healthy.
This is a easy version of poli, it is made using wheat flour. This is healthy and filled with protein. So easy to make and delicious.
Sweet Chana Dal Paratha Recipe
- For Dough:
- Wheat Flour / Atta - 1 cup + extra if needed
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Oil - 1 tblspn
- Water as needed
- Chana Dal - 2 cups cooked
- Jaggery - ½ cup
- Cardamom powder - ½ tsp
- Ghee for making paratha
- Start by making dough, take flour, salt, oil in a bowl. rub well so oil is mixed in with the flour.
- Add in water slowly and knead to a soft smooth dough. Cover the dough with a bowl and set aside for 30 mins.
- Take cooked chana dal in a blender, add in jaggery and cardamom powder and puree coarse.
- Take it in a pan and cook till it leave the sides of the pan.
- Set aside to cool down.
- Take small chapati dough, spoon some filling in and roll it out.
- Cook till golden on both sides in ghee.
1)First lets make the dough..Take wheat flour in a bowl
2)add in some salt
3)drizzle in some oil
4)use your hands to rub it well
5)this makes sure that the oil is mixed in with the flour nicely
6)pour in water and start kneading
7)add more water as needed
8)You should be keep on kneading the dough till you get a soft smooth dough like this
9)cover the dough and let it rest for 30 mins..
1)Take cooked chana dal in a blender
2)Add in jaggery
3)Add in little cardamom powder
4)Puree till smooth
5)Take the mix in a kadai.
6)Cook till it leaves the side. Set aside to cool.
7)Take the dough and flatten it lightly.
8)Place chana dal filling in
9)Seal the edges. Roll it out.
10)Cook on a pan till golden on both sides
11)Flip over and apply some ghee