Simple Tadka Dal Recipe - Dal Takda Recipe - Dal Recipes with Step wise pictures
Dal is a very simple and basic recipe but looks very vibrant..I made this for my daughter and it turned out really good and delicious. I have been sharing so many dal recipes lately and i thought even though this is simple it will be a great addition to my list.
Simple Tadka Dal Recipe - Dal Takda Recipe
- Yellow Moong Dal / Pasi Paruppu - ½ cup
- Water - 1.5 cups
- Ghee - 1 tblsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1 small chopped finely
- Ginger - 1 tblsp chopped finely
- Garlic - 1 tblsp chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 2 chopped finely
- Tomato - 1 pureed
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves a handful chopped finely
- Take moong dal and wash well. Cover with water and bring it to a boil. Simmer the pan and cook for 15 to 20 mins till it is cooked.
- Now heat oil or ghee in a pan, add cumin and let it sizzle.
- Add in onions, ginger, garlic and chillies and mix well. Cook till golden.
- Add in tomato puree and cook till oil separates from it.
- Now add in salt and the cooked dal. Mix well and bring it to a boil.
- Add in coriander leaves and mix well.
1)Take washed moong dal in a sauce pan
3)Cook for 20 to 25 mins till dal is done
4)Now make seasoning, heat oil or ghee in a pan, add cumin and let it sizzle
5)Add in onions, ginger, garlic and chillies
6)Mix well and cook for 3 to 4 mins
7)Add in tomato puree
9)Cook till oil separates
10)Now the masala is done
11)Add cooked dal. Mix well and simmer for 5 more mins
12)Add in coriander leaves and mix well