Thengai Sevai Recipe – Coconut Sevai Recipe with step wise pictures.
This is a simple breakfast recipe which taste so delicious and is healthy too. Quick and easy breakfast or lunch option made using rice sevai. You can use leftover idiyappam too. This is great to pack in lunchbox or as a travel food.
I have never tried my hands on storebought sevai, even though i have seen them in super markets. I have never purchased them. But last time i thought of picking a packet to try. On that breakfast i made three types of sevai upma. I made tomato sevai, plain sevai and sweet sevai. Hubby loved the sevai and lot and told me to make these quite often. So here you go with the coconut sevai recipe.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Sevai - 2 cups cooked
- Coconut - 1/2 cup Freshly Grated
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 1 tblspn
- Urad Dal / Ulundu – 1tsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku -1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 2 sprig
- Cardamom – 3
- Dry Red Chilli – 2
- Cinnamon Stick - 1 small piece
- Cook sevai as per package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add all seasoning ingredients and toss well.
- Add in Coconut and mix well. Add some salt and sauté till it gets light golden.
- Now add in cooked sevai and mix well.Toss till it is heated through.
- Serve hot or put in lunch box.
1)You can use any store bought sevai. I prefer this one.
2)Heat water in a sauce pan, Add salt
3)Add in sevai and cook as per package directions
4)Drain and set aside.
5)Now lets make coconut sevai. Take all your ingredients
2)heat oil in a nonstick pan
3)add all seasoning ingredients
4)saute for a min
9)Add cooked sevai