Vegetable Brinji Rice Recipe – Veg Brinji Rice Recipe with step wise pictures.
Flavourful vegetable brinji rice which not only taste delicious but is very easy to make for any parties or occasions too. So much flavour in this rice.
This recipe is super easy, all you have to do is grind few spices and masala. That forms the base for the biryani. So it is not like a lengthy process. I added some fried bread cubes in this, but you can leave that out.
This recipe is great for parties. You dont need any sidedish like gravies for this. This taste great on its own or with some plain raita and pickle. I served it with my smoked eggplant raita and it was heavenly.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Basmati Rice - 1 cup
- Oil - 1 tblsp
- Ghee - 3 tblsp
- Onion - 1 large sliced thinly
- Green Chillies - 1
- Tomato - 1 chopped finely
- Carrot - 1 chopped
- Beans - 4 chopped
- Cauliflower - ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Water - 1.5 cup
- Bread - 2 slices
- Coriander Leaves - ¼ cup
- Mint Leaves - ¼ cup
- Ginger - 1 small piece
- Garlic - 4 cloves
- Cinnamon - 1 stick
- Fennel Seeds / Sombu /Saunf - 1 tblsp
- Cardamom / Yelakai - 4
- Chilli Powder - 1 tblsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tblsp
- Cumin Powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Coconut - ¼ cup
- Take grinding ingredients in a blender and puree till smooth.
- Wash and soak rice for 30 mins. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil and ghee in a pot. Add onions and green chillies and cook till golden.
- Add in pureed masala and cook till oil separates.
- Add tomatoes and mix well.
- Add in veggies and salt. Saute for 5 mins.
- Add rice and water. Bring it to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 mins.
- Open the cooker and fluff the rice.
- Fry bread cubes and mix into the rice.
- Mix well.
1)First lets grind the masala. Take coriander leaves, mint leaves, ginger, garlic in a blender.
2)Add in some coconut
3)Add in fennel seeds, cardamom and cinnamon.
4)Add in chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and turmeric powder
5)Make it into smooth puree.
6)Heat oil and ghee in a pot. Add in onions
7)Add in green chillies
8)Saute them for few mins till golden
9)Now it is nice and golden
10)Add the ground masala
11)Cook till oil separates
12) Add tomatoes
14)Add chopped veggies
16)Add salt to taste
18)Add in soaked drained rice
20)Add in water, bring it to a boil, simmer and cook covered till rice is done.
21)Now it is done
22)Remove to a bowl.
23)Heat oil in a pan, fry bread pieces till golden
24)Remove to a bowl.
25)Add bread into the rice