Chocolate Dates Loaf Cake Recipe – Whole Wheat Dates Bread Recipe with step wise pictures.
Chocolate dates loaf cake which is super healthy and easy to make. This delicious cake is made using wheat flour and dates as sweetner.
I have a dates cake recipe on my blog. This one is a chocolate flavoured one. Dates and chocolate are the perfect together. I used very little brown sugar to add little more sweetness. But you can skip it and use only dates alone for sweetness. Maha loves this cake with little extra sweetness added.
This loaf cake was more like a bread, The inside was so moist and gave perfect slices. This would be great as breakfast along with a cup of tea or coffee. You can add some nuts or any dried fruits in this.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Dates Puree - 1 cup ingredients below
- Oil or Melted Butter - 1/2 cup
- Brown Sugar - 1/4 cup optional
- Milk - 1/4 cup
- Egg - 1
- Wheat Flour - 1 cup
- Cocoa Powder - 1/4 cup
- Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
- Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
FOR DATES PUREE: (gives 1 cup dates puree)
- Dates - 20
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Take dates and water in a sauce pan and cook for 2 mins. Take it in a blender and puree till smooth. You will need 1 cup of dates puree.
- Now take dates puree, brown sugar, oil, vanilla, milk, egg in a bowl and whisk well.
- Add in wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder and fold gently.
- Pour this into the baking pan and bake for 40 to 45 mins.
- Remove and cool it completely.
- Slice and serve.
1)Take water in a pan
2)Add in dates and cook for 1 to 2 mins.
3)Cool it down and take it in a blender
4)Make it into smooth puree
5)Take dates puree in a bowl.
6)Add in brown sugar
7)Add in oil or melted butter
8)Add in egg
10)Add wheat flour
11)Add in cocoa powder
12)Add in baking soda
13)Add in baking powder
14)Add in vanilla
17)Line a loaf pan with parchment
18)Spoon batter in
19)Bake till done
20)Cool it down, slice and serve.