Vegetable Poha Upma Recipe with Step wise pictures.
Simple poha dish made with lots of veggies which taste so delicious and it is healthy too. Enjoy it hot with a cup of tea.
Poha is one of my favourite, we make it atleast once a week, but mostly it is southindian way by adding coconut to it..But this recipe is new to me and it taste just yummy. I have had this poha quite a few times during our trip to north, i loved it for breakfast..So i tried it yesterday and it was delicious..So here i am with the post.
Coconut Poha Upma
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Sweet Poha Kozhukattai
Vegetable Poha Upma Recipe
- Poha - 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp + ½ tsp
- Lemon Juice - 2 tsp or to taste
- Oil or Ghee - 2 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Urad dal / Ulundu Paruppu - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya Podi a pinch
- Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 2 chopped finely
- Ginger - 1 tsp chopped finely
- Carrot - 1 chopped
- Beans - 6 chopped
- Potato - 1 peeled and chopped
- Water - ¾ cup
- Take poha in a bowl and add water and squeeze out the water and take it in a bowl.
- Add salt, ½ tsp turmeric and lemon juice. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat oil or ghee in a pan, add mustard, urad dal, asafoetida and let them sizzle.
- Add in onions, green chillies, ginger and saute for a min.
- Add in veggies, salt, and turmeric and mix well. Cook till raw smell leaves.
- Add in little water and cover and cook till veggies are soft.
- Add poha and cook till it is heated through.
- Serve hot.
1)Take poha in a bowl and soak it in water for 1 min.
2)Add in some salt, turmeric.
3)Add in lemon juice.
5)Heat ghee in a pan.
6)Add mustard and urad dal
8) Add onions, green chillies, ginger and curry leaves
9)Saute for a min
10)Add in chopped veggies
11)Saute them well
12)Cook till raw smell leaves
13)Add salt and turmeric powder
15)Add little water
16)Cover and cook till veggies are done.
17)Now it is done
18)Add in poha
Leave a Reply