Vendaya Keerai Puli Kuzhambu Recipe – Fenugreek Leaves Puli Kulambu Recipe with step wise pictures.
Super delicious vendaya keerai kuzhambu which goes well with rice. This fenugreek kuzhambu not only taste amazing but is very healthy as well.
If i ever find fresh methi leaves in the market i just grab them. They are so amazing, it adds very unique taste and flavour to your dishes. This kuzhambu taste so yummy and has such a great flavour.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Gingelly Oil - 4 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds/ Methi/ Vendayam - 1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya Podi a pinch
- Dry Red Chilli - 2
- Curry Leaves a sprig
- Shallots - 10 peeled
- Garlic - 10 peeled
- Tomato - 1 chopped
- Fenugreek Leaves / Fresh Methi - 1 cup
- Chettinad Kuzhambu Milagai Powder - 3 tblsp
- Tamarind - 1 small lime size
- Water as needed
- Sugar or Jaggery - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pot. Add all seasoning ingredients and mix well.
- Add in peeled shallots, garlic, tomatoes and saute for 2 mins.
- Add in fenugreek leaves and saute for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add in masala powder and saute well.
- Add in water, tamarind water, salt and boil for 5 mins.
- Add little jaggery. Simmer for 5 mins.
1)Heat gingelly oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and dry red chillies. You can add curry leaves and asafoetida as well.
2)Add in peeled shallots, garlic and tomatoes
3)Saute for couple of mins
4)Add in fenugreek leaves
5)Saute for 2 to 3 mins
6)Add in kuzhambu milagai powder.
7)Saute them well
10)Add tamarind water
12)Bring it to a boil
13)Add a touch of sugar or jaggery
14)Bring them to a boil. Simmer for 10 mins