White Peas Potato Curry Recipe - Vatana Aloo Masala Recipe with step wise pictures.
Delicious white peas aloo curry taste amazing with hot roti, poori, kulchas or any pulav. This is a easy side dish to make as well.
So far i haven't shared much recipes using white peas. This white peas or vattana is high in nutritious and is very cheap to buy. Normally we buy it dry and soak it ourselves overnight and cook it the next day. This can be had it as it as boiled, hubby loves boiled peas a lot. But i often make it in to a gravy to go along with rotis.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
White Peas Aloo Curry Recipe
- White Peas - 1 cup
- Oil - 3 tblsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Fennel Seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon / Pattai -1 small piece
- Bay Leaf - 1
- Onion - 1 large chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 3 chopped
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblsp
- Tomato - 3 pureed
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder - 1 tblsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Boiled Potatoes - 1 large peeled cubed
- Water as needed
- Soak white peas overnight. Take it in a pressure cooker, add water and pressure cook for 3 whistle till it is done. Let the pressure release all by itself and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add whole spices and onions, Add chillies and cook till golden.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell leaves.
- Add in tomato puree and cook till oil separates.
- Add salt and spice powders and mix well.
- Add water and cook till raw smell from spices leaves.
- Add in cooked peas and potatoes and mix well. Add more water as needed and simmer for 5 to 10 mins.
1)Cook white peas in a pressure cooker till soft and set aside.
2)Heat oil in a pan, add cumin, fennel, cinnamon and bay leaf
3)Add in onions and chillies
4)Saute them till golden brown
5)Just like this
6)Add in ginger garlic paste
7)Saute till raw smell leaves
8)Add in tomato puree
10)Add in turmeric and salt.
11)Add in kashmiri chilli powder, cumin powder
12)Add garam masala powder
13) Mix well
14)Add little water and cook till raw smell from spices leaves.
15)Add in cooked peas and more water
16)Add boiled potatoes
17)Mix well. Simmer for few mins.