Aval Sarkkarai Pongal Recipe – Poha Sweet Pongal Recipe with Step wise pictures.
This recipe is perfect for this occasion. Krishna jayanthy is around the corner, so this is the perfect time to make this. It is made using poha and it comes together under 30 mins.
The taste is very close to sarkarai pongal but it is very easy to make.
Here are my krishna jayanthy recipe collection.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Poha / Flattened Rice - 1 cup
- Split Yellow Moong Dal / Pasi Paruppu - ¼ cup
- Jaggery - 1 cup grated
- Milk - 1 cup
- Ghee - 2 tblsp + 2 tsp
- Water - 1.5 cup
- Cashews - 3 tblsp
- Kishmish - 3 tblsp
- Cardamom Powder - 1 tsp
- Take 1 tsp ghee in a pan, add washed moong dal and roast for a min.
- Add in water and bring it to a boil. Simmer and cook till it is done. Set aside.
- Now in a separate pan, heat 1 tsp ghee and roast poha for few mins. Add 1.5 cups of water and cook till poha is done. Now add the moong dal, jaggery, milk and mix well.
- Cook everything together till it thickens.
- Add in cardamom powder and mix well.
- Roast cashews and kishmish in 2 tblsp of ghee till golden. Add to pongal and mix well.
1)Heat ghee in a pan, add moong dal. This is already washed and dried moong dal
2)Roast for few mins
3)Now add water and bring it to a boil. Once it boils, simmer the flame and cover with a lid. Cook covered for 15 to 20 mins till dal is cooked.
4)Now dal is cooked.
5)Take 1 tsp ghee in a pan, add poha / flattened rice and roast for couple of mins.
6)Now it is well toasted.
7)Add in water and cook till poha is done.
8)Now poha is well cooked.
9)Add in moong dal to it.
10)Add powdered jaggery.
11)Add in some milk.
12)Cook everything till jaggery melts
13)Cook till it thickens
14)Add in cardamom powder.
15)Now heat some ghee in a pan, add cashews, almonds and kishmish and fry till golden
16)Now it is golden.
17)Add it to pongal