Delicious chocolate lava cake made 4 ways. Molten lava cakes are under cooker chocolate cake which has extra chocolate added to create the fudgy texture.
I have a addiction to lava cakes, i have shared so many version of it in my blog already. I have a eggless version, microwave version and a lava cake with ghee flavour..This one is my recent discovery and i loved it to the core. I have made a video version of it as well. This is nigella lawson's recipe and it is a no fail recipe.
About Lava Cake
A popular dessert that combines the elements of a chocolate cake and a soufflé is molten chocolate cake. It gets its name from the dessert's liquid chocolate centre, and it's also known as chocolate moelleux (from the French word for soft), chocolate lava cake, or simply lava cake. It should not be confused with chocolate fondant, a
recipe that uses little flour but a lot of chocolate and butter, resulting in a melting texture on the palate (but not on the plate). It's like a self-saucing pudding. Lava cakes combine the best characteristics of a chocolate cake and a soufflé. These soft chocolate cakes have a liquid centre that is pure magic.
Ingredients for Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes
All Purpose Flour:
All-purpose flour can be used for a variety of tasks, including baking, cooking, coating meats and vegetables, and thickening sauces and gravies. To manufacture all-purpose flour, a blend of hard wheat (which has more gluten) and soft wheat is crushed together.
Icing sugar :
It dissolves quickly, making it ideal for use in icings, buttercreams, and frostings, as well as some candies and for dusting baked cakes and cookies.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Version 1: Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe
|Take all your ingredients|
Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe | Molten Lava Cake Recipe | Chocolate Fondant Recipe
- Dark Chocolate - ⅓ cup chopped or use chips
- Unsalted Butter - ¼ cup + 1 tsp for greasing
- Egg - 1
- Sugar - ⅓ cup powdered
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1.5 tblspn
- Chocolate Chips - ¼ cup
- Confectioner Sugar or Icing Sugar for dusting on top
- Preheat oven to 200 degree C. Take two ramekins and grease it well with butter. Set aside.
- Take chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl and melt it over a pan of simmering water. Once it is melted, set aside for 5 mins to cool slightly.
- Now add sugar to that and mix well.
- Add in egg and mix well.
- Add in flour and mix well.
- Add in chocolate chips and mix well.
- Spoon this into the two ramekins and bake for 15 to 17 mins till done.
- Remove it and let it cool for 5 mins.
- Now invert it to a plate and dust some icing sugar over it.
- Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream.
Version 2: Microwave Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe
I have been getting request of posting lava cake from many of my viewers. So i thought of trying it. I have shared a eggless lava cake recipe. But i wanted to try the traditional lava cake recipe. One day i got the spirit to make it, but when i looked in my fridge i was out eggs. But i wanted to make lava cake because i was craving for it so much. Then i decided to try microwave version. And i was totally surprised by the result, it was perfect and i loved it so much.
|Take all your ingredients|
|Take flour in a bowl|
|OMG it is delicious..|
Microwave Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 tblspn
- Cocoa Powder - 11/2 tsp
- Sugar - 1 tblspn
- Baking Powder - ⅛ tsp or a pinch
- Baking Soda / Cooking Soda - ⅛ tsp or a pinch
- Salt a pinch
- Milk - 4 tblspn
- Oil - 2 tsp + 1 tsp for greasing bowl
- Chocolate Bar Use dairymilk, silk, good melting chocolate
- Take all the ingredients except chocolate in a bowl and mix really well.
- Now grease a ramekin bowl really well with oil.
- Pour the batter in and place chocolate chunk in the center.
- Pop this in microwave and cook for 1 min on high power.
- Remove it and let it sit for 2 to 3 mins.
- Now run a butter knife in the sides and invert it to a plate.
- Cut and enjoy the molten lava cake..
- I used a 250 ml microwave safe ramekin to cook this.
- Use good quality melting chocolate for the best lava part. Dairy milk, bournville, dairy milk silk is perfect.
- Don't over cook the cake, it will get cooked in 1 min. After you remove the cake from oven it will keep on cooking.
- Cook on high temp in microwave.
Version 3: Chocolate Lava Cake with Ghee
I have a weakness for lava cakes, i have made a eggless version and a microwave version as well. But making a proper lava cake is always in my dream. Yesterday was the day and finally i made it. It turned out to be a hit. It is like molten perfection, perfect lava flowed through the cake..
This recipe calls for less fat content, just a tblspn of ghee is what it wants. This cake calls for just 5 ingredients and it is so easy to make. The main thing you have to keep in mind for lava cake is the timing. I used a 240 ml ramekins, but if you are using a smaller mould than that, then the baking time will be less. So you have to keep it in mind. And make sure you read the recipe well for adjusting the molten part consistency. Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Preparation Time : 5 mins
Baking Time : 16 mins
Makes : 2 big servings
- Dark Chocolate - 1 cup / 150 grams chopped
- Sugar - ¼ cup / 50 grams
- Eggs - 2
- Ghee / Clarified Butter - 1 tblspn + more for greasing moulds
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - ½ cup / 60 grams
- Cocoa Powder for dusting moulds
- Take chocolate, ghee in a microwave safe bowl and pop it in microwave for 30 to 45 sec. Stir to melt. If it is not melted, pop it again for 10 sec and melt it. If you dont have microwave, You can melt it over double boiler.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Now add in egg and mix well.
- Add in flour and fold gently.
- Now take small ramekins, grease it well with ghee, dust with some cocoa powder and coat it on all sides.
- Now divide the batter between each bowls and pop it in fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 220 degree C for 10 mins.
- Now put the bowl in oven and cook for 16 to 17 mins. Remove it and let it cool for 2 mins. Invert it into plate and serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
How to Cook Perfect Lava Cake
(For a 240 ml ramekin size)
Video for Molten Lava Cake
|Take chocolate in a microwave safe bowl..I had
milk chocolate bar on my hand, so used that..
But i recommend you to use dark chocolate for this..
Version 4: Eggless Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe
Who doesn’t love molten lava cakes.. I am not the one, I can die for Chocolates..Are you a vegetarian and are in a deep worry that you cannot dig into this cake because it has eggs in it..Then no more worries my friend, here I am delivering you the eggless version of this cake which has a real molten chocolate in the center..This is a quick recipe that can be filled in your mouth in less than 30 mins..
Valentine is near and are you still searching for a perfect gift for your valentine..Then try this, it is filled with your chocolaty love..I am planning to make this for my fiancée, since he is crazy about chocolates..I know you will try it because it is really really romantic gift..You know right, chocolates are really romantic gift and it can melt any heart:D
Eggless Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe
- Dark Chocolate – 50 grams + 30 grams for putting in the center
- Water – 6 tblspn / 90 ML
- Butter – 2 tblspn / 30 grams
- All Purpose Flour / Maida – 30 grams / 2 tblspn
- Sugar – 15 grams / 1 tblspn
- Baking Powder - ½ tsp
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 360°F. Butter a ramekin and set aside. I used a 240 ml ramekin.
- Melt 50 grams of chocolate in a double boiler. Now add water and butter and melt again.
- Add sugar and mix well. Add Flour, baking powder and mix well.
- Pour half of the batter to the ramekin and add the blob of chocolate over that. Pour the rest of the batter over this and bake it oven for 12-15 mins.
- Let this cool down and invert it to a plate.
- Dust it with icing sugar and decorate it as per your wish.
- Serve with a dollop of icecream.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.