Muscoth Halwa Recipe – A.J.J Muscoth Halwa Recipe with step wise pictures.
Muscoth halwa is a delicious coconut halwa which taste so yummy. If you are a coconut lover then you will love it for sure.
A.J.J brand is the only brand which makes muscoth halwa in my place. I totally love it. This halwa has full of coconuty flavour and it taste completely different from normal halwa. This is my kind of halwa.
When i looked online there was no much recipe for it. I found a recipe of the real A.J.J halwa(from their factory) from a youtube video, But there was no measurements for it. So i wrote down my own measurements and made it my own way. It turned out super delicious.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - ¾ cup
- Thick Coconut Milk - 4 cups (from 1 large coconut)
- Sugar - 1¼ cup + ¼ cup
- Cashews - 3 tblsp chopped
- Take maida in a bowl, add water and make it into a stiff dough. Cover with 2 cups of water and set aside for 30 mins.
- Now use your hands to remove the milk from it. Strain it and discard the gluten.
- Now cover the milk with a lid and set aside for 2 hours. Now discard the top clear liquid and use only the milk settled in bottom.
- Take maida milk, coconut milk and 1¼ cup sugar in a pan and keep mixing till it starts to thickens. Cook it for 10 to 15 mins till it gets little thick.
- At this point take ¼ cup sugar in a sauce pan, heat till it gets caramel in colour. Pour this into the halwa and cook and stir for 45 mins to 1 hour.
- Now the oil from the coconut milk would have come out.
- Cook till it gets nice and thick. Add cashews and mix well.
- Spoon this into the greased pan and cool it for 4 to 5 hours.
- Slice and serve.
1)Take all purpose flour / maida in a bowl
2)Add in water
3)Make it into a stiff dough
4)Cover with water and leave it for 30 mins.
6)Now it is all mixed well and the maida milk has separated
8)take it in a bowl
9)Cover it and set aside for 2 hours
10)Now the maida milk has sink to the bottom and clear water has come up.
11)Strain the water
12)Now this is maida milk.
13)Take maida milk in a pan
14)Add thick coconut milk
16)Mix well and cook till it thickens
17)Now after few mins it will thicken
18)Now take some sugar in a pan.
19)Heat it and form a caramel. Keep an eye on it
20)Now keep cooking the halwa till it thickens even more on medium heat
21)Now the caramel is reached
22)Add the caramel into the halwa
24)Keep cooking till you see the coconut oil from the milk starts to leave out. It will take 30 to 35 mins
25)Now you have to keep cooking it
26)The oil will start to come out and halwa will get thick
27)Now the oil has almost separated. Halwa has started to leave the sides of the pan
28)Now add in cashew nuts
29)Now the halwa is thick and the oil has separated. It will take around 1 hour in total
30)Spoon into a greased pan. Set aside for 3 to 4 hours
31)Now invert to a plate and cut into squares