Soya Chunks Coconut Milk Biryani Recipe with step wise pictures.
Super delicious and flavourful soya chunks biryani which taste so delicious with plain raita and papad.
Biryani is what i often make, atleast once in two weeks. Since it is so easy to make, plus it taste divine. I have quite a few biryani recipes in my blog and each one is made different. Biryani taste different each time by the veggies you use and the method you make. This time i made it using soya chunks and it turned out so delicious with a addition of coconut milk.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Oil - 2 tblsp
- Ghee - 2 tblsp
- Bay Leaf - 1
- Onion - 1 large sliced thinly
- Green Chilli - 1 slit
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblsp
- Tomato - 1 chopped finely
- Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 2 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Soya Chunks - 2 cups cooked (check this method)
- Basmati Rice - 1.5 cups
- Coconut Milk - 1.5 cup
- Water - 1.5 cup
- Salt to taste
- Tomato - 1 chopped
- Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon - 1 stick
- Soak basmati rice for 30 mins. Drain and set aside.
- Cook soya chunks as per package instructions or this method and set aside.
- Take tomato, fennel seeds and cinnamon in a blender and puree fine.
- Heat oil and ghee in a pan. Add bay leaf and sizzle.
- Add onions, green chillies and ginger garlic paste and saute till golden.
- Add tomatoes and tomato puree and mix well.
- Add spice powders and salt and mix well.
- Add soya chunks and mix well.
- Add rice, water, coconut milk and bring it to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 mins till rice is done.
- Fluff it up and serve
1)Take tomatoes in a blender
2)Add in some fennel seeds and cinnamon
3)Puree till smooth
4)Heat oil and ghee in a pan
5)Add in 1 bay leaf
6)Add in sliced onions, green chillies and cook till golden brown
7)Add in ginger garlic paste, cook till raw smell leaves.
8)Add in sliced tomatoes
9)Add tomato puree
11)Cook till thickens
12)Add in chilli powder
13)Add in cumin powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder.
14)Add salt to taste
16)Add in cooked soya chunks. Check this link for cooking instructions.
18)Add in soaked drained basmati rice
20)Add in coconut milk.
21)Add in water
23)Bring it to a boil.
24)Cover and simmer.
25)Now it is done.
I am Aarthi, a happy homemaker, mom of two beautiful girls, married to my high school sweet heart. My goal is to teach people that cooking can be way more easier and joyful than they think. Yummy Tummy features recipes all over the world with step wise pictures which surely shows the ease of cooking.