Chana Dal Curry Recipe – Chana Dal Fry Recipe with step wise pictures.
Chana dal fry or curry pairs great with roti or poori. I served it with luchi and it was amazing. Perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
This dal is one of my favorite. I love having it with plain white rice or roti. This dal is so delicious, it has a spicy flavour. The seasoning has to be done in ghee which gives pure aroma and taste to it. You can enjoy this dal as it is too.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Ghee or Oil - 4 tblsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1 large chopped finely
- Tomato - 1 large chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 3 chopped finely
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder- 1 tsp
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Coriander Leaves - 4 tblsp chopped
- Chana Dal / Kadalai Paruppu - ½ cup
- Onion - 1 chopped
- Tomato - 1 chopped
- Garlic - 5 cloves peeled
- Ginger - 1 tblsp chopped finely
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Take chana dal and wash well. Take it in a pressure cooker. Add in onions, tomato, garlic, ginger and turmeric powder. Add water and cook for 5 to 6 whistle. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin and let it sizzle.
- Add onions and cook till golden.
- Add in tomatoes, chillies and mix well.
- Cook till tomatoes get mushy.
- Add salt and spice powders and mix well.
- Add in cooked dal, sugar and mix well.
- Simmer for 10 mins.
- Add in coriander leaves.
1)Take washed chana dal in a pressure cooker.
2)Add in chopped tomato, onion ,garlic and ginger
4)Add in turmeric powder
5)Pressure cook for 5 to 6 whistle till chana dal is cooked completely
6)Heat oil in a pan and add in cumin seeds
7)Add in onions
8)Cook till golden
9)Add in tomatoes, green chillies
10)Cook til tomatoes get mushy
11)Now it is almost at that stage
12)Add in salt and turmeric powder
13)Add in cumin powder, red chilli powder and garam masala powder
15)Cook till oil separates
16)Add cooked chana dal
17)Add little sugar to taste
18)Simmer for 10 more mins
21)Taste great with roti, luchi or poori. Check this link for luchi recipe