Bengali Luchi Recipe | Luchi Recipe with step wise pictures.
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Ghee - 2 tblspn ( If using Oil use 3 tblspn )
- Water - as needed
- Oil for Deep Frying
- Take flour, salt and ghee in a bowl. Add a splash of water and mix well using your hands so the ghee is mixed into the flour.
- Now make a well in the center. Pour in water and knead it to a soft but firm dough, It shouldn't be sticky.
- Now cover it up and leave it to rest for 30 mins.
- Now divide the dough into small balls. Grease your board and rolling pin with some oil.
- Now take a small ball and roll it into little thick circle.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Drop the poori in hot oil and press the top with a slotted spoon. It will puff up. Flip over and cook for few sec.
- It shouldn't colour it should be still white.
- Now drain it in paper towel.
- Serve with any curries.
|Take your ingredients|
|Take all purpose flour / maida in a bowl|
|add in some salt|
|now add in ghee..you need to add a good amount of ghee..if you dont feel like using ghee, then add in some oil|
|pour a splash of water|
|mix lightly using a soon|
|now use your fingers to crumble it|
|so it looks like a coarse mix|
|make a well in the center|
|Pour in water|
|knead it to a soft but firm dough|
|cover and let it rest for 30 mins|
|now lets make the luchi|
|you shouldn’t use flour for rolling the luchis, instead use some oil to grease the rolling board and pin|
|take a small ball from it|
|roll it to poori like, it should be little thick. If you want very light luchi, roll it thin.|
|heat oil for deep frying|
|drop the poori in|
|press the top using a slotten spoon|
|it will puff up|
|invert it and cook for few sec|
|drain and serve..it will be very soft..|