Aloo Chicken Curry Recipe with step by step pictures. Super simple and delicious chicken curry made with potatoes, chicken and masala. This curry taste best with Malabar paratha, Idli, Dosa, Chapati, Rumali Roti or Phulkas.
Past two days have been so hectic for me, my internet just got too slow that i couldn't even open my mail or blog. So i have been asking hubby to fix it, After so many calls to customer service finally today i got it fixed and i am happy that i can get into my blog again. Today i am sharing a simple chicken curry which we make quite often at home, hubby love potatoes in his chicken curry and this one is his fav.
About Aloo Chicken Curry Recipe
Aloo, a South Asian term for potatoes, found in the names of a number of dishes. Simple Aloo chicken Curry, Aloo gobi, potatoes and cauliflower. Aloo gosht, potatoes and meat in shorba. Easy Aloo mutter, potatoes and peas in tomato gravy.
Aloo Chicken curry combines the goodness of potatoes with the meatiness of chicken, making it a must-have for chicken and potato fans.
Chicken curry, also known as curry chicken, is a dish from the Indian subcontinent. It is widespread in the Indian subcontinent, Southeast Asia, the United Kingdom, and the Caribbean. A typical Indian subcontinent curry consists of chicken stewed in an onion-and- tomato-based sauce flavoured with ginger, garlic, tomato puree, chilli peppers, and a variety of spices, which may include turmeric, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, and cardamom. Outside of South Asia, chicken curry is frequently made with curry powder, a pre-made spice mixture.
Now talking curry, it is quite basic one..A simple curry made with onion, tomatoes and spices and the curry is thickened with coconut. You can leave out the coconut if you want, because the aloo will make the curry thick on its own. I hope you will love this as much as we do and let me know if you try it someday.
Ingredients for Aloo Chicken Curry
It was introduced to India by Portuguese sailors in the early 17th century, and British colonists spread its cultivation to North India. The potato is one of the most important commercial crops grown in the country.
Potatoes are high in fibre, which can help you lose weight by keeping you fuller for longer. Fiber can help prevent heart disease by maintaining healthy cholesterol and blood sugar levels. Potatoes are also high in antioxidants, which help to prevent disease, as well as vitamins, which help your body function properly.
Onions are considered a basic ingredient or the foundation of Indian cooking and are used to make any gravy, curry, or bhuna dish. The flavour and aroma of onion transforms any ordinary dish into a mouthwatering and delectable one.
Tomato flavour is frequently described as sweet, tart, tangy, or well- balanced. Tomato flavour is also known as classic tomato flavour or old-fashioned tomato flavour in some cases. Some tomatoes are described as having a mild or bland flavour.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
📖 Recipe Card
Aloo Chicken Curry Recipe
- Oil - 2 tblspn
- Fennel Seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 1 tblspn
- Cinnamon Stick / Pattai - 3 cm piece
- Green Cardamom / Yelakai - 4 crushed
- Black Cardamom - 1 crushed
- Curry Leaves - 1 sprig
- Onions - 1 large sliced thinly
- Green Chillies - 1 slit
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblspn
- Tomatoes - 2 large chopped finely
- Chilli Powder - 1.5 tblspn or to taste
- Coriander Powder / Malli Podi- 3 tblspn
- Turmeric Powder / Manjal Podi - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tblspn
- Salt to taste
- Chicken - ½ kg
- Potatoes - 1 large peeled and cubed
- Fresh Coconut - ½ cup grated
- Coriander Leaves a handful chopped finely
- Water - 1 cup or as needed
- Take coconut in a blender and make it into a fine paste by adding some water.
- Heat oil in a pan, add in all the seasoning ingredients, curry leaves and saute for a min.
- Add in onions, green chillies and saute till golden brown.
- Add in ginger garlic paste and saute for a min.
- Now add in tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes turn mushy.
- Add in all the spice powders and mix well.
- Now transfer this to a pressure cooker, add chicken and potatoes along with salt and water. Cover and Pressure cook for 2 whistle. Simmer the pan and cook for another 10 mins. Turn off the heat and let the steam go all by itself.
- Open the cooker and add in coconut paste and mix well. Add more water if needed.
- Cook this whole thing till oil separates.
- Now add in coriander leaves and mix well.
Aloo Chicken Curry Recipe Step by Step
|Take all your ingredients|
|i transferred it to a pressure cooker, actually the above whole process can be done in a pressure cooker|