Black Forest Gateau Trifle Recipe with step wise pictures.
This rich black forest gateau not only taste amazing but is easy to make as well. This is nothing but a black forest cake in a jar. You can serve this cold and enjoy.
This trifle has a chocolaty base and the cake is soaked with syrup or rum. It is topped with a rich silky chocolate custard and then cream. This whole dessert is easy to make and taste amazing.
This trifle is one of the quickest and easiest desert you could ever make. Plus it is so tasty and light.Great for big parties or get togethers. But i can assure you can finish this whole thing from start to finish in under 30 mins. I made this with just cake, custard and cream.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Chocolate Cake or Brownie - as needed
- Sugar Syrup or Brandy - 2 tblsp or as needed
- Milk - 1 cup + 4 tblsp
- Cornflour - 3 tblsp
- Sugar - 3 tblsp
- Dark Chocolate - 1/2 cup chopped
- Cream - 1/4 cup whipped till thick
- Cherry for topping
- Take cake and place it in the bottom of the bowl.
- Pour some syrup on top and let it soak.
- Now take cornflour in a bowl, add some milk and mix to form a slurry.
- Take milk in a sauce pan, add sugar and bring it to a boil.
- Add cornflour mix and whisk till thick.
- Take it off the heat and add in chocolate. Mix well till chocolate is melted.
- Now spoon this over the cake.
- Whip some cream till thick.
- Spoon cream on top of the custard. Place a cherry on top.
- Keep in fridge for few hours.
1)Take cornflour in a bowl
2)Add little cold milk to it
3)mix to a slurry and set aside
4)Take milk in a sauce pan
5)Add in cream
9)Add in cornflour mix
10)Keep cooking till it gets thick
12)Add in chopped chocolate
13)Mix well till chocolate is melted
14)Take a serving glass
15)Break some pieces of cake and place it inside the jar
16)Like this. You can use chocolate sponge cake or chocolate brownies
17)Pour some sugar syrup on top. You can use brandy if you use
18)Let the cake soak
19)Spoon some chocolate custard on top
20)Now whip some cream
21)Whip till thick
22)Dollop over the pudding
23)Place a cherry on top
24)Refrigerate for few hours. Serve cold.