Broken Wheat Biryani Recipe with step by step pictures. This is made with Wheat Rava, and Vegetables. Healthy and tasty Wheat Biryani
I love my viewers, someday's i too get struck and break my head about what to do for next day breakfast. I was breaking my head one day, suddenly i received a mail from one of my viewer named kavitha, send me this recipe. Got happy, i took that recipe and modified it slightly to my taste and the next day i tried it and it turned out yummy.
Check out my wheat rava idli recipe too..
Ingredients for Wheat Biryani
- Wheat Rava / Gothumai Rava / Broken Wheat - 2 cup
- Oil - 1 tblspn
- Bay Leaf - 1
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1 small stick
- Fennel Seeds / Saunf / Sombu - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1 medium size sliced thinly
- Green Chillies - 2 slit
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblspn
- Salt to taste
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder / Malli Podi - 1 tblspn
- Turmeric Powder / Manjal Podi - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder - ½ tsp
- Carrot - 1 small chopped into small cubes
- Cauliflower - ½ cup chopped into small cubes
- Beans - 6 chopped finely
- Peas - ½ cup
- Water - 4 cups
- Coriander Leaves - 3 tblspn finely chopped
Broken Wheat Biryani Recipe | Wheat Rava Biryani Recipe | Gothumai Rava Biryani Recipe
- 2 cup Wheat Rava / Gothumai Rava / Broken Wheat
- 1 tblspn Oil
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 small stick Cinnamon / Pattai
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf / Sombu
- 1 medium size sliced thinly Onion
- 2 slit Green Chillies
- 1 tblspn Ginger Garlic Paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tblspn Coriander Powder / Malli Podi
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder / Manjal Podi
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- ½ tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 small chopped into small cubes Carrot
- ½ cup chopped into small cubes Cauliflower
- 6 chopped finely Beans
- ½ cup Peas
- 4 cups Water
- 3 tblspn finely chopped Coriander Leaves
- Take oil in a pressure cooker, add in bay leaf, cinnamon and fennel seeds. Saute it for 30 sec.
- Add in onions, green chillies and saute till golden.
- Add in ginger garlic paste and salt. Saute for a min.
- Add in all spice powders and saute for 10 sec or so.
- Add in all the veggies and saute for 5 mins or so till the raw smell leaves away.
- Add in wheat rava and toss well in the masala.
- Add in water and bring it to boil. Simmer and cover the cooker and cook it for 1 whistle. Turn off the heat and let the steam go all by itself. Open the cooker and fluff it up. Add in coriander leaves and mix well.
- Serve with raita.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Broken Wheat Biryani Recipe step by step pictures
|Take all your ingredients|