Chettinad Radish Masala Recipe – Mullangi Masala Recipe with step wise pictures
Spicy radish masala made with freshly roasted spices and masala has a very unique flavour and taste to it. Can be served with roti, rice or pulao.
Fresh radish is not many of us favorite, including me. I am not a big fan of radish. But it is very recently i started loving them. Radish is great for weight loss. Including this veggie in your diet atleast once or twice a week can be great for your body.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Radish - 1 large sliced into rounds
- Oil - 1 tblsp
- Green chillies - 2 slit
FOR ROASTING & GRINDING:
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds / Saunf / Sombu - 1 tblsp
- Coriander Seeds - 2 tblsp
- Dry Red Chilli - 3 to 4
- Garlic - 4 to 5
- Onion - 1 large sliced
- Tomato - 2 chopped
- Heat oil in a pan, add fennel and coriander and toast them. Add in chillies and toss well.
- Add garlic, onions and tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Now take it in a blender and puree till smooth.
- In the same pan, add radish and chillies and saute for 2 mins.
- Add in water and salt. bring it to a boil.
- Add masala and Cook till radish is done
1)Heat oil in a pan. Add in fennel seeds
2)Add coriander seeds
3)Add in red chillies
4)Add in garlic cloves
Also check out
5)Add in onions
6)Saute them for 5 mins
7)Add in tomatoes
9)Cook till tomatoes get mushy
10)Take it in a blender
11)Puree till smooth
12)In the same pan, add little oil and add sliced radish
13)Add green chillies
14)Saute them for 2 mins.
17)Add salt to taste
18)Cook till radish is done.
19)Add ground masala.
21)Cook till oil separates