Baked Chicken Stuffed Buns – Chicken Buns Recipe with step wise pictures.
I have tasted this in a bakery near by and this is my favourite. The pillowy soft buns are filled with a chicken filling . This is perfect to put in your kids lunch box or it will make a great after school snack. The dough and filling can be made a day in advance and stored in fridge.
I used my homemade pizza dough as the base and it was so soft, light and fluffy. You can even add some colourful bell peppers to make it super colourful.
- Basic Pizza Dough - 1 batch Recipe link given below
- Oil - 1 tblsp + for deep frying
- Onion - 1 large size chopped finely
- Tomato - 2 large chopped finely
- Salt to taste
- Chilli Powder -2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Boneless Chicken - 500 grams chopped finely
- Salt to taste
- Tomato Ketchup - 3 tblsp
- Egg - 1
- Cheese - 1 cup grated
- Start by making the dough. Let it rise for 1 hour. Link for recipe given below.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onion and saute till golden.
- Add in tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Add in chilli powder, garam masala powder and salt and mix well.
- Add in chopped chicken and mix well.
- Cover and cook till it is cooked.
- Add in ketchup and cook till the mixture dries up.
- Now take some dough and flatten it out. spoon some chicken filling and top with cheese. seal the edges.
- Place it in a greased baking pan and let it sit for 30 mins.
- In the last 10 mins or proofing, preheat the oven to 200 degree c.
- Brush the buns with beaten egg and bake for 18 to 25 mins.
- Remove and serve warm.
2)Take your filling ingredients
3)Heat oil in a pan
4)Add in onions and tomatoes
5)Saute them well
6)Add in salt to taste
7)Add in chilli and garam masala powder
9)Add in cubed chicken
10)Mix that into the masala
11)Now the chicken is almost cooked
12)Take some ketchup
13)Add few tblsp in
14)Mix well and cook till the mixture dries a little
15)Now it is done
16)Now take the dough and knead to get rid of the air inside it.
17)Take a small portion of dough
18)Flatten it out
19)Spoon some filling in
20)Top with cheese
21)Cover it and seal the edges
23)Arrange it in a greased baking pan. Let it rise for 30 mins. In the last 10 mins or rising preheat the oven to 200 degree C.
24)Brush top with some egg
25)Bake in a 200 degree c preheated oven for 18 to 25 mins