Chilli Bread Recipe with step by step pictures. Simple evening snack for kids made with bread which taste so delicious.
I really love Chinese foods a lot. I do make lots of Indo-Chinese foods at home. Even today we had a Chinese fiesta in our house. I made Chinese vegetable fried rice, chilli gobi and chilli potatoes for lunch today and it was totally a hit. Don’t worry recipes are on its way.
About Chilli Bread Recipe
Today’s recipes is going to be a awesome Indo-Chinese one. It is crispy bread pieces tossed in a yummy Chinese sauce. The amount of sauce you add here depends completely on your taste. You can adjust it accordingly. This recipe can be put in lunch box for kids as well. If you have some bread cubes lying around , this is a great way to use it up. I fried my bread pieces in tawa. You could toast them in oven if you like.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
📖 Recipe Card
Chilli Bread | Chilli Bread Recipe
- Bread – 6 slices cubed
- Onion-1 chopped finely
- Spring Onion White Part – 2 tblspn chopped
- Tomatoes – 3 chopped finely
- Ginger -1 tblspn minced
- Garlic – 1tblspn minced
- Red Chilli – 2 sliced
- Tomato Ketchup -2 tblspn
- Soy Sauce – 1 tblspn
- Vinegar – 1tblspn
- Sugar -1 tsp
- Ajinomoto -1 tsp optional
- Salt to taste
- Oil- 3 tblspn
- Spring Onion Green Part for garnishing
- Heat 2 tblpsn of oil and add the chopped bread cubes and fry till it turn golden. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Heat 1 tblspn of oil and add ginger, garlic, red chilli and fry well.
- Add spring onion white part, onion and fry till light golden.
- Add tomatoes along with sugar, salt and ajinomoto. Give it a stir and cook for 5 mins.
- Add tomato sauce, soya sauce, vinegar and mix well. Pour half cup of water and bring it to a boil.
- Add in fried bread pieces and mix well.
- Garnish with spring onion and serve hot.
Chilli Bread Recipe Step by Step Pictures
|Take all your ingredients|
|prepare ur veggies|
|chop ur bread pieces|
|heat some oil in a tawa|
|add bread pieces|
|and fry them|
|remove them to a plate|
|heat some oil in a kadai|
|add ginger and garlic|
|add red chilli|
|and spring onion white part|
|and fry well|
|add in tomatoes|
|add salt. sugar and ajinomoto|
|now add in the sauce part..First tomato ketchup|
|vinegar..I had some chilli vinegar, so i added that|
|pour some water|
|bring it to a boil|
|add bread pieces|
|and toss well|
|throw in lots of spring onion (green part)|