Sago Khichdi Recipe - Sabudana Khichdi - Javvarisi Upma Recipe with step wise pictures.
Sago khichdi which is not only easy to make but is very healthy and tasty too., This is perfect for breakfast or as a light snack too.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Sago Khichdi Recipe - Sabudana Khichdi - Javvarisi Upma Recipe
- Sago / Javvarisi - 1 cup
- Oil - 2 tblsp
- Green Chillies - 2 chopped finely
- Potato - 1 large chopped finely
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tblsp
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Peanuts - 3 tblsp
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice to taste
- Soak sago for 4 hours. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add in peanuts and roast til golden. Remove and set aside to cool. Crush it roughly.
- Now add seasoning and fry for a min,
- Add in potato and chillies and saute till golden.
- Add in salt and turmeric and mix well.
- Add in sago and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8 to 10 mins.
- Add in crushed peanuts and lemon juice.
- Mix well and serve.
1)Fry peanuts in oil till golden
2)Remove and cool down. Crush them coarsely
4)Soak sago for atleast 2 to 3 hours
6)Heat oil in a pan, add in mustard seeds, cumin seeds and urad dal
7)Add in asafoetida
8)Add in green chillies and potatoes
10)Add in salt
11)Add in turmeric powder
12)Mix well. Cook till potatoes are done.
13)Add in soaked sago
15) Cover and cook on low heat for 10 mins
17)Now sago is done. Add in crushed peanuts
19)Add lemon juice
Leave a Reply