Sago Khichdi Recipe - Sabudana Khichdi - Javvarisi Upma Recipe with step wise pictures.
Sago khichdi which is not only easy to make but is very healthy and tasty too., This is perfect for breakfast or as a light snack too.
About Sabudana Khichdi Recipe
Healthy and light upma or khichdi made with sago which is also known as sabudana. This makes a light breakfast or evening snack with your cup of tea.
I use potatoes, roasted crushed peanuts in my khichdi.
Video for Sago Khichdi Recipe
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Sago Khichdi Recipe | Sabudana Khichdi | Javvarisi Upma Recipe
- 1 cup Sago / Javvarisi
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 Green Chillies chopped finely
- 1 large Potato chopped finely
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp Urad dal
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- 3 tbsp Peanuts
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Lemon juice to taste
- Soak sago for 4 hours. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add in peanuts and roast til golden. Remove and set aside to cool. Crush it roughly.
- Now add seasoning and fry for a min,
- Add in potato and chillies and saute till golden.
- Add in salt and turmeric and mix well.
- Add in sago and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8 to 10 mins.
- Add in crushed peanuts and lemon juice.
- Mix well and serve.
Sago Khichdi Recipe with Step by Step Pictures
1)Fry peanuts in oil till golden
2)Remove and cool down. Crush them coarsely
4)Soak sago for atleast 2 to 3 hours
6)Heat oil in a pan, add in mustard seeds, cumin seeds and urad dal
7)Add in asafoetida
8)Add in green chillies and potatoes
10)Add in salt
11)Add in turmeric powder
12)Mix well. Cook till potatoes are done.
13)Add in soaked sago
15) Cover and cook on low heat for 10 mins
17)Now sago is done. Add in crushed peanuts
19)Add lemon juice