Easy Bread Upma Recipe – Quick Breakfast Recipe with step wise pictures.
Bread upma taste amazing when served hot with a cup of chai. This upma is easy to make and delicious to eat. You can serve it with some raita as well.
Delicious and easy bread upma which taste amazing and is quick to make. It is perfect to put in lunch box or for breakfast.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Bread Slices - 5
- Oil - 1 tblsp
- Mustard seeds / Kaduku - ½ tsp
- Fennel Seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1 sliced thinly
- Green Chillies - 2 chopped
- Tomatoes - 2 chopped finely
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Heat oil in a pan. Add fennel seeds and let them sizzle.
- Add in onion and chillies and cook for 2 mins.
- Add tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Add salt and spice powders and mix well.
- Now add in water and bring it to a boil.
- Add in bread pieces and mix well.
- Cook for 3 to 5 mins.
1)Toast bread in some oil till golden
2)Cook till golden on both sides
3)Tear the bread into small pieces
4)Heat oil in a pan, add in mustard and fennel seeds and let them sizzle. Add in onions and green chillies
5)Saute for a min
6)Add in tomatoes
7)Saute for 2 to 3 mins.
8)Add salt and turmeric powder
9)Add in garam masala powder
12)Bring it to a boil.
13)Add in bread pieces