Saravana Bhavan Style Rava Khichdi Recipe with step wise pictures.
Rava khichdi is super tasty breakfast and is one of my absolute favorite as well. This rava khichdi is easy to make and is so worth trying.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Oil - 4 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Urad dal / Ulundu Paruppu - 1 tsp
- Chana Dal / Kadalai Paruppu - 1 tsp
- Cashews - 10
- Curry Leaves a sprig
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya podi a pinch
- Onion - 1 large chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 2 chopped finely
- Carrot - 1 chopped finely
- Beans - 10 chopped finely
- Tomato - 1 chopped finely
- Sooji / Rava - 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Water - 4 cups
- Ghee - 1/4 cup
- Heat oil in a pan, add all ingredients till asafoetida and let them sizzle.
- Add in onions, chillies and saute for 1 min.
- Add carrot, beans and tomatoes and saute for 4 to 5 mins.
- Add in salt and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add in sooji and stir fry for 4 to 5 mins.
- Now add in hot water and bring it to a boil.
- Keep mixing and cook til it start to thickens.
- Now cover with a lid and cook on a low heat for 10 mins.
- Now add ghee and mix well. Turn off the heat.
- Let it sit covered for 10 mins.
- Serve in a bowl greased with ghee and invert it over serving plate. Taste amazing with chutney.
1)Heat oil in a pan
3)Add mustard seeds, urad dal and chana dal
4)Add in cashews
5)Add in curry leaves
6)Add in asaofeitda
7)Let them sizzle.
8)Add in onions and chillies
9)Saute for a min
10)Add in carrots, beans and tomatoes
11)Stir fry for 4 to 5 mins
12)Add in turmeric powder and salt.
14)Add in sooji
15)Stir fry for 4 to 5 mins
16)Add hot water
18)It will start to thicken
19)Cover and simmer
20)Now it is thickened
21)Add lots of ghee
25)Cover with a lid, turn off the flame and let it stay covered for 10 mins.
26)Grease a serving bowl with ghee
27)Spoon khichdi in it.