As soon as i posted my microwave cake recipe, i got tons and tons of request from you all to post cooker cake. I was not scared to try it, because I have made a cakes in cooker before..It was years back when i dont own a oven. I learned the trick from my perimma, she told me to put sand in the bottom of the cooker and bake cakes in it. This way the sand heats up and acts as a oven. Actually i baked lots and lots of cakes using pressure cooker before, therefore i dedicated a separate pressure cooker for it. I left the cooker in my mom’s place. As i got lots of request from my readers i took the cooker from my mom place and baked a cake instantly.
I thought of posting the method of making cake in cooker as a separate post, so it will help many of you. I made a Basic Vanilla Milk Cake using cooker.Read this post throughly and start baking a cake.
1) You can bake every cake in cooker. But i recommend you not to choose very complicated ones.
2) Dont use Nonstick cooker for this. Since dry heating non stick is not prefered. Use plain aluminium cooker.
3) Dont use gasket for baking cake. If you gasket, the dry heating will cause smell and damage it.
4) Dont use whistle in the cooker. Remove it.
5) Dont add water inside the cooker before baking.
6) Place a separator between cooker and cake pan. The cake pan should never touch the bottom of the cooker.
7) Always check a pressure cooker cake often to ensure over baking cake or burning.
8) Always use a cake pan which fits comfortably into the pressure cooker.
9) Preheat the pressure cooker for a good 10 mins on high heat before putting the cake pan in.
10) Use a pot holder to put the cake pan inside the cooker, since the cooker can be too hot.
11) After you place the cake pan inside the cooker, reduce the flame to the lowest, cover it and cook.
12) Cooking time may vary depending on the size of the cake pan and the cake batter.
|Start by heating a pressure cooker|
|Place a separator inside the cooker|
|Remove the gasket from the lid|
|Cover it and heat it for 10 mins or so|
|No whistle please|
|Make your favorite cake batter|
|Pour it into cake pan|
|Now use a pot holder to place the cake pan inside…|
|Place it in the center of the cooker|
|Simmer the heat to the lowest possible|
|Cook till done|
I am Aarthi, a happy homemaker, mom of two beautiful girls, married to my high school sweet heart. My goal is to teach people that cooking can be way more easier and joyful than they think. Yummy Tummy features recipes all over the world with step wise pictures which surely shows the ease of cooking.