Chocolate Pie Recipe with step wise pictures.
Chocolate Pie Recipe with step wise pictures. Super delicious chocolate pie. This makes a great treat for parties. It is rich, easy to make and very chocolaty.
This chocolate pie is very simple to make. It doesn’t contain eggs in them. It is fast and delicious. The crust is a shortcrust pastry, the filling is a rich chocolaty chocolate pudding filling. The filling is very rich and tasty.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Shortcrust Pastry - 1 batch (Recipe here)
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Cornflour / Cornstarch - ½ cup
- Milk - 2.5 cups
- Dark Chocolate - 1 cup chopped
- Butter - 2 tblsp
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Whipping Cream - 1 cup
- Chocolate Sprinkles as needed
- Preheat oven to 200 degree C. Roll out shortcrust pastry and line pie mould with it. Remove the crust off. Pop it in oven and bake for 15 to 18 mins till the pastry is cooked and light golden.
- Now Remove it and cool completely.
- Take sugar, cocoa, cornflour in a sauce pan and mix well.
- Add in milk and whisk well.
- Now heat it and cook till it thickens.
- Now take it off the heat and add in chopped chocolate and butter.
- Mix well till chocolate is melted.
- Now pour this over the crust.
- Chill the crust overnight.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Top with sprinkles.
1)Make a batch of shortcrust pastry. Check this link.
2)Roll it between two sheets of plastic wrap
3)Place it over a pie mould
4)Press it over the mould.
5)Peel off the plastic off. prick it off with a fork.
6)Bake till golden
7)Take sugar in a sauce pan
8)Add in cornflour
9)Add in cocoa powder
11)Add in milk
13)Heat and keep whisking
14)Cook till thickens
15)Take it off the heat. Add in dark chocolate
16)Add in butter
17)Add in vanilla
19)Spoon the custard into the crust
20)Spread the topping over the crust
21)Chill the pie till set
22)Whip up some whipping cream. I used frozen non dairy whip topping.
23)Spread over pie
24)Top with sprinkles