Egg Pulusu Recipe with Step by Step Pictures. Delicious tangy egg curry which is easy to make and taste delicious.
Eggs are my favourite. I do so much experiment with eggs, because it is the only ingredients available in my fridge at any time. Apart from all the egg preparations, this dish is quite different.
It is a tangy spicy curry that goes perfectly with anything. I served it with Appam. This dish is originally from Andhra. It is pretty easy to make. So go ahead and make this dish and let me know what you think. If you have any good egg recipe share it with me.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
📖 Recipe Card
Egg Pulusu Recipe
- Egg-3 Hard boiled
- Onion-1 sliced
- Tamarind juice -1 cup 2 tblpsn of tamarind paste mixed in 1 cup of water or 1 small lime size ball tamarind soaked in 1 cup of water and then squeezed
- Coriander powder/ Malli podi-1 tblspn
- Chilli powder-1 tsp
- Turmeric powder/ Manjal podi-1 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1 tsp
- Curry leaves-1 spring
- Cumin seeds / Jeera-1 tsp
- Mustard seeds / Kaduku-1 tsp
- Green chilli-3 slitted
- Salt to taste
- Jaggery / Sugar-1 tblspn
- Oil-2 tblspn
- Heat oil in a kadai and crackle in mustard and cumin seeds.Add in curry leaves, green chilli, onions. Cook the onions till it get golden.
- Add in turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, red chilli powder and mix well.
- Pour in the tamarind water and add in the salt and jaggery.
- Bring that to boil and cook till oil separates.
- Make slashes in the eggs and drop that in the curry. Let it simmer for 5 min.
- Serve hot with appam, dosa or rice.
Egg Pulusu Step by Step
|Grab your ingredients|
|Make slashes in egg|
|crackle cumin seeds and mustard seeds in hot oil|
|add in curry leaves|
|add in green chillies|
|onions and mix well|
|add in spices|
|add more spices|
|pour in tamarind water|
|add some salt and jaggery|
|Bring the to boil|
|add in eggs|
|Simmer for 5 mins|