Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Frozen Themed - Fondant Birthday Cake Recipe with step wise pictures.
This is the frozen theme cake which i baked for my daughter's 5th birthday. She loved the cake so much and we completely enjoyed the party.
Maha wanted a frozen themed birthday party this year. So i decided to try a cake myself. I decided to bake a simple vanilla cake and cover with fondant. I ordered all the things a month inadvance. I have added all the links to the product below. This cake may not be a professional looking cake but it is made with so much love. So i thought of sharing it here.
The cake comes live with all the snowflake fondant cut outs.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Frozen Themed Fondant Cake Recipe
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 2 ½ cup 300 grams
- Baking Powder - 3 ½ tsp
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Butter - ¾ cup 168 grams
- Sugar - 1 ½ cup 300 grams
- Vegetable Oil - 3 tblsp
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tblsp
- Eggs - 3
- Milk - 1 ¼ cup 300 ml
- Vanilla Buttercream Frosting a Batch Recipe here
- Blue Fondant
- White Fondant
- Snow flake cookie cutter Linkhere
- Frozen Dolls Link here
(MY 1 CUP MEASURES 240 ML)
- Grease and line three 8 inch round cake pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Take flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and whisk well.
- Take butter, sugar, vanilla in a bowl and whisk till creamy and fluffy.
- Add oil and beat till pale.
- Now add in eggs and whisk again till creamy.
- Now add in half of the flour and fold gently.
- Add in half of the milk and fold gently.
- Now add remaining flour and milk and fold gently.
- Spoon ⅓rd batter into one cake pan and another ⅓rd in another pan.
- Now to the remaining batter add some blue food colour. Fold gently.
- Spoon the batter into the pan and bake for 22 to 25 mins.
- Remove and cool down completely.
- Now sandwich the cake with buttercream and cover the cake completely with buttercream.
- Chill the cake for 3 to 4 hours.
- Now roll out blue fondant and cover the whole cake. Trim the excess and set aside.
- Take the white fondant and roll it. It should cover half of the cake. and place it over the cake and make like a wavy pattern.
- Now to the remaining blue and white fondant. Roll it and cut using snowflake cookie cutter. Place it over the cake and decorate it as you like.
- Place the cake in ac room till needed.
- While presenting, place the frozen dolls and enjoy.
BUY ALL THE PRODUCTS WHICH I USED FOR THIS CAKE
Blue Fondant - https://amzn.to/2PZeIGI
White Fondant - https://amzn.to/2wAlk6o
Snowflake Cookie Cutter - https://amzn.to/2PrWFbc
Frozen Dolls - https://amzn.to/2oBu0VI
1)Take flour in a bowl
2)Add in baking powder
3)Add in salt
4)Mix well. Set aside.
5)Take butter in a bowl
6)Add in sugar
7)Add in vanilla
9)Whisk till the mix is pale and fluffy
10)Add in eggs
11)Whisk till creamy
12)Add in half of the flour
14)Add in half of the milk
15)Add remaining flour
16)Add remaining milk.
19) Divide the batter between two pan and add food colour to the remaining batter
20)Add as much as needed
22)Time to bake
22)Bake till done
23)Remove the top of the cake, place it on a display stand
24)I made my homemade vanilla buttercream. Recipe here
25)Spoon some frosting in
27)Place blue cake on top
28)Top with some frosting
29)Place white cake
30)Cover with buttercream. Chill the cake for 4 hours
31)Now lets cover with fondant.
31)Take blue fondant
32)Roll it thin
33)Cover with fondant
34)Trim the excess with fondant.
35)I missed to take picture. I cover the cake half way with white fondant.
36)I used snowflake cookie cutter and cut out fondant and place it over the cake.
37)Place dolls on top and serve
Not so professional looking cake, but it is made with lots of love from momma. Happy 5th birthday maha! Love you to the moon and back.