Green Gram Salad Sundal Recipe – Healthy Salad Recipes with step wise pictures.
Healthy green gram salad with coconut carrot. Taste so delicious and it is very good for you. Make a light lunch or evening snack.
I should have posted this recipe for navaratri, but i ran out of time, so i am sharing it now.. This has become my habit, i start posting recipes for festival late, then i make too much dishes and i ran out of time to post that. This is a simple sundal recipe and it is a savoury variety. I have a sweet version of this too. And i have to mention this, if you are making this for navaratri, avoid onions.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Green Gram - 1 cup
- Oil - 1 tblsp
- Mustard seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Urad dal / Ulundu Paruppu - 1 tsp
- Dry Red Chilli - 2 chopped
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya Podi a pinch
- Curry leaves a sprig
- Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Coconut - ½ cup grated
- Carrot - 1 grated
- Salt to taste
- Soak green gram for 2 hours. Drain it and take it in a sauce pan. Cover with water. Bring it to a boil, cover and simmer the flame and cook till tender. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard, urad dal, dry red chilli, asafoetida, curry leaves. Let them sizzle.
- Add in onions and mix well.
- Add in cooked green gram and toss well.
- Add in coconut, salt, carrot and mix well.
1)Soak green gram for 2 hours.
5)Add in dry red chilli
6)Add in some asafoetida
7)Add in curry leaves
8)Saute for a min.
9)Add in some chopped onions
11)Add in some salt
12)Add in cooked green gram
14)Add in coconut
15)Add in grated carrots