How to Cook Sticky Rice - Sushi Rice (using a sauce pan) with step wise pictures.
How to Cook Sticky Rice. Delicious sticky rice which can be served with any japanese cuisine. Also can be used to make sticky rice with mangoes or sushi.
Hubby bought a packet of sushi rice from abroad and its been sitting in the fridge for a long time. Finally i took it out and cooked it, i made sticky rice with mangoes a popular thai recipe. Will be sharing the recipe tomorrow. This one is a basic post, how to cook sticky rice.
How to Cook Basmati Rice – By Draining Method
How to Cook Millets
How to Cook Brown Rice
How to Cook Rice for Biryani with Spices (Draining Method)
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
How to Cook Sticky Rice
- Sticky Rice / Sushi Rice - 1 cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Take rice in a bowl and wash it 2 times. Now cover with water and let it soak for 30 mins.
- Now take rice in a sauce pan, add water and bring it to a boil.
- Once it boils, cover with a lid and simmer for 10 to 15 mins.
- Now open the lid and use a fork to fluff up the rice.
- Cover and let it stay warm.
You can buy it here:
1)I used this sticky rice, sushi rice.
2)It is short rice.
3)Measure your rice
4)Take it in a bowl
5)Wash it well in water
6)I washed it two times
7)Now cover with fresh water and let it soak for 30 mins.
8)Now it is soaked. Soaking helps in softening the outer of the rice.
9)Now drain the rice
10)Take it in a sauce pan
11)Add water. For 1 cup rice, use 1 cup water
12)Put it on heat
13)Bring it to a boil
14)cover with a lid and cook for 10 to 15 mins on low heat
15)Now it is done.
16)Fluff up the rice with a fork.
Leave a Reply