Irish Soda Bread Recipe - Brown Soda Bread Recipe with step wise pictures.
One of the easiest bread you could ever make. This dough can be put together in just few mins. The bread taste so yummy when served freshly sliced.
This bread is so easy to make. It needs no yeast at all. It is made with a combination of wheat flour and regular flour. You can make this in a instant and it taste best when served warm with some butter. You can make this into so many variation. Will share all the version soon.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
📖 Recipe Card
Irish Soda Bread
- Whole Wheat Flour - 1 ¾ cup
- All Purpose Flour - 1 ¾ cup
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Butter - 2 tblsp cold butter
- Egg - 1
- Buttermilk - 1 ½ cup
- Baking Soda / Cooking Soda - 1 tsp
- Preheat oven to 200 degree C.
- Mix egg, buttermilk and set aside.
- Take both flour, salt, baking soda in a bowl and mix well.
- Add butter and rub it using your fingers.
- Now add in the egg mix little by little and mix gently till the dough comes together. The dough will be soft.
- Dont knead the dough too much.
- Shape the dough into a disc like and make slashes on it. Use a knife to cut the dough. prick each section with fork.
- Place the dough in a parchmen lined baking pan and brush with the remaining egg mix.
- Pop it in the oven and bake for 40 to 45 mins.
- Remove and cool completely.
- Slice and serve.
1)Take egg in a bowl.
2)Add in buttermilk
3)Whisk well and set aside.
5)Take wheat flour in a bowl
6)Add in all purpose flour / maida
7)Add baking soda
10)Add in cold butter
11)Rub it into the flour
12)Now it is all mixed.
13)Add most of the egg mix in.
14)Now mix well.
15)Once it roughly mixed.
16)Add more liquid.
17)Knead gently to form a sticky dough.
18)Take it in a parchment lined pan.
19)Make deep slashes
20)Prick it all over with fork.
21)Now it is done.
22)Take the egg mix and brush it over the bread.
22)Now it is brushed.
23)Sprinkle top with flour or oats.
24)Bake till done.