Kaju Apple Recipe – How to Make Cashew Apple Sweet with step wise pictures.
Super cute apple cashew sweet. These not only looks super adorable but taste so delicious that you cannot stop with just one.
I wanted to try out the variety shapes of kaju sweets which i saw on the shelves of one of my favourite bakery. I thought of making kaju watermelon, strawberry, apple & lotus. Finally i ended up making watermelon and apple.
IMPORTANT: Once the mixture is done, if it looks dry for you to mould, sprinkle some milk and knead till smooth and soft. Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
YOU WILL LOVE MY KAJU KATLI RECIPE TOO
VIDEO RECIPE FOR KAJU APPLE RECIPE:
- Cashewnuts - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Red Food Colour
- Cloves as needed
- Ghee as needed
- Take cashews in a blender and powder it. Dont over run the blender else it will get into a paste like.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan on medium heat. Add sugar and water to it. Mix well will a spoon.
- Bring that to a boil and simmer them for 5-8 mins till they form one string consistency.
- To check that take few drops of sugar syrup between your fingers and it should form a string when your press between them(check image). Or you can add few drops of sugar syrup in a bowl of cold water, the sugar syrup wont get dissolved. Or you can take the sugar syrup in a spoon and invert them, the last drop falling from the spoon forms a string like consistency.
- Once the sugar has reached this consistency. Add the cashew powder to it and mix well.
- Mix them for 3-4 mins till the mixture leaves the sides and form a sticky dough.
- Transferred that to a ghee greased plate and let them cool for 5 mins.
- Now grease your hands too and knead them till they get into a smooth ball.
- Add few drops of milk if they are too firm.
- Take the dough and take a small portion of dough. Roll it into a smooth ball.
- Now take red food colour in a bowl, add few drops of water. Use a paint brush to paint all over the apples.
- Stick a clove in the center.
- Let it set for few mins.
1)Take cashews in a blender
2)Powder it finely
3)Take sugar in a nonstick pan
4)Add in water
5)Heat and cook till sugar is melted
6)Bring it to a boil. Cook till 1 string consistency.
7)When you take some of the syrup between your finger, you will be able to form 1 string like this
8)Add in cashew powder
10)Cook till it thickens
11)Now it has got nice and thick
12)once it gets thick like this, take off the heat.
13)Take it in a plate and let it cool down
14)Once it is cooked, add ghee and knead well. Once the mixture is done, if it looks dry for you to mould, sprinkle some milk and knead till smooth and soft.
15)Knead it well. if the dough is hard, you can add some milk and knead well.
16)Now take a small portion of it.
17)Roll it into a smooth ball.
18)Now it is nicely rolled.
19)Take some red food colour and mix with few drops of water
20)Now use a brush to paint on top of the apples
21)Now it is all painted.
22)Take some cloves
23)Stick them into the apples.