Kalyana Veetu Rasam Recipe – Wedding Style Tomato Rasam Recipe with step wise pictures.
Delicious and hot rasam recipe made using tomatoes and it is similar to the ones which you get in wedding. Taste so yummy with hot rice and poriyal of your choice.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Tomato - 2 chopped
- Tamarind - 1 small gooseberry size
- Salt to taste
- Rasam Powder - 1 tblsp
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Pepper powder -1 tsp
- Jaggery / Sarkarai - 2 tsp
- Water as needed
- Garlic - 5 cloves crushed
- Coriander leaves a handful chopped finely
- Coconut Oil or Ghee - 1 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - ½ tsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - ½ tsp
- Dry Red Chilli - 2
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya podi a pinch
- Curry leaves a sprig
- Take tomatoes, and all ingredients given except garlic and coriander leaves in a bowl and mash well. Add water and taste and adjust the salt.
- Heat oil in a pan, add seasoning ingredients and let them sizzle.
- Add rasam and bring it to a boil.
- As soon as it starts to foam around the edges, add crushed garlic and coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Cover with lid and serve with rice.
1)Take tomatoes in a bowl
2)Add salt and tamarind
3)Add little water and mash well
5)Add rasam powder
6)Add it in
7)Add chilli powder, cumin and pepper powder
10)Heat oil or ghee in a pan
11)Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds
13)Add curry leaves and chillies
15)Bring it to a boil.
16)Crush some garlic
17)as soon as it starts to foam, Add garlic and coriander leaves
19)Cover and keep till serving