Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Kathirikai Milagu Kuzhambu Recipe - Brinjal Pepper Kuzhambu Recipe with step wise pictures.
Spicy and flavourful kathirikai milagu kuzhambu which taste great with hot rice. Brinjal pepper kuzhambu is very easy to make as well.
Delicious brinjal kuzhambu which taste so delicious with rice. This is a spicy curry and is highly nutritious. This kuzhambu goes great with plain rice and any poriyal or just with some papad. Super delicious kuzhambu.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Kathirikai Milagu Kuzhambu Recipe - Brinjal Pepper Kuzhambu Recipe
- Brinjal - 2 chopped lengthwise
- Shallots - 10
- Oil - 3 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - ½ tsp
- Urad dal / Ulundu Paruppu - ½ tsp
- Dry Red Chillies - 2
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya podi a pinch
- Turmeric Powder / Manjal Podi - ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Jaggery or Sugar - 1 tsp or to taste
FOR ROASTING & GRINDING:
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Urad dal./ Ulundu Paruppu - 1 tsp
- Toor Dal / Tuvaram paruppu - 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Black Pepper - 1 tblsp
- Fenugreek Seeds / Methi / Vendayam - 1 tsp
- Dry Red Chillies - 3
- Coconut - ¼ cup
- Coriander Powder - 2 tblsp
- Tamarind a small lemon size
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan, add all roasting ingredients and roast till golden brown. Take it in a blender along with tamarind and grind to a smooth puree.
- Heat oil in the same pan. add mustard, urad dal, dry red chillies, asafoetida and mix well.
- Add in shallots and brinjal and saute for a min.
- Add in coconut masala, water, salt, turmeric powder and mix well.
- Bring it to a boil. Simmer for 10 mins.
- Serve with rice.
Check this quick video
1)Take all your roasting ingredients
2)Heat oil in a pot.
3)Add in all the spices and coconut
4)Roast them on low heat till it gets light golden
5)Add in coriander powder
6)Saute them for few seconds
7)Take it in a blender
8)Add in tamarind
9)Puree till smooth.
10)Now heat oil in the same pot. Add mustard seeds and urad dal
11)Add dry red chilies
12)Add a pinch of asafoetida
13)Add in peeled shallots
14)Add in brinjal
15)Saute them well
16)Add in salt and turmeric powder
17)Add in the ground masala.
18)Add more water if needed
19)Add little sugar to taste
20)Bring it to a boil and simmer for 10 mins