Lemon Chia Cake Recipe - Chia Seed Cake Recipe with step wise pictures.
Delicious, soft and moist lemon chia cake recipe which is such a crowd pleaser. It taste so good and is very easy to make.
I love lemon in my cakes, they add a nice hint of tartness to the cake and smells heavenly. This cake is one of my favorite because i always wanted to bake a cake with poppy seed in them. I love the look of the black seeds scattered all over the cake. But i couldn't find black poppy seeds in my place so i had put the recipe on hold. Instead of poppy seeds i used chia seeds in this cake and it was delicious.
This has become my top favorite cake, check out my other favorite lemon ricotta cake.
Also check out these delicious breads & muffins
Eggless Whole Wheat Banana Bread
Banana Cornflakes Muffins
Banana Chocolate Cupcakes
Banana Nut Muffins
The cake itself was very moist and soft. The chia made the cake incredibly soft and moist.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Lemon Chia Cake Recipe
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 ½ cup 180 grams
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Baking Soda / Cooking Soda - ½ tsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Unsalted Soft Butter - ½ cup 110 grams
- Sugar - 1 cup 200 grams
- Eggs - 2
- Lemon Zest - 1 tblsp
- Lemon Juice - 2 tblsp
- Yogurt / Curd - 1 cup 240 ml
- Chia Seeds - 2 tblsp
(MY 1 CUP MEASURES 240 ML)
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.Grease and flour a 8 inch round cake pan and set aside.
- Take butter, sugar and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add lemon zest and lemon juice and mix well.
- Add in flour, baking soda, baking powder and fold gently.
- Add in yogurt and mix well.
- Add in chia seeds and fold gently.
- Spoon it into the prepared pan and bake for 40 to 45 mins.
- Remove and cool for 15 mins.
- Unmould and cool completely.
- Slice and serve.
1)Grease a pan with oil and flour it well. Set aside. Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
2)Take soft butter in a bowl
4)Beat till creamy
6)Beat till creamy
7)Add in lemon zest
8)Add lemon juice
9)Add in flour
10)Add baking powder
11)Add baking soda
13)Add in yogurt
14)Beat till combined
15)Add chia seeds
17)Spoon the batter into the cake pan
18)Bake till done
19)Top with icing sugar and serve.