Kesar Pista Phirni Recipe - Kesar Rice Pudding Recipe - Diwali Sweet Recipes with step wise pictures.
This kesar pista rice phirni taste amazing with any meal of your choice, This makes a great dessert perfect served cold or warm.
Many of you requested me to share more flavour phirni recipe so i made this simple kesar flavoured phirni recipe. It turned out pretty good. I also made a apple phirni as well.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Kesar Pista Phirni Recipe
- Basmati Rice - ½ cup
- Milk - 4 to 5 cups
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Cardamom Powder - 1 tsp
- Pista - ¼ cup chopped finely
- Saffron a generous pinch
- Yellow food colour few drops
- Soak basmati rice for 2 hours. Drain and add it into a blender, add in 1 cup milk and puree till little coarse.
- Take rice in a sauce pan, add in milk and keep mixing. Cook on low heat till rice is cooked and it thickens.
- Add in sugar and mix well.
- Add in food colour, saffron and pistachios.Now add in cardamom powder.
- Mix well.
- Spoon into bowls and serve hot or warm or cold.
1)Soak basmati rice for 2 hours.
2)Take it in a blender.
3)Add milk and puree till little coarse.
4)Take it in a sauce pan
5)Add remaining milk.
6)Cook till rice is cooked.
8)It will start to thicken
9)Keep stiring so the rice doesn';t burn
10)Now rice is cooked
12)Cook for 5 mins
13)Add cardamom powder
15)Add in little food colour
17)Add some chopped pistachios
18)Add a pinch of saffron