Masala Buns Recipe - Indian Masala Buns Recipe with step wise pictures.
This delicious masala buns are sure a crowd pleaser. This is not only easy to make, but the taste of onions and spices is just yummy.
This was on my bucket list for quite sometime, finally i made it few weeks back. I still have khara buns to make, which is a little different than this one.
Nutella Designer Bread
If you dont have oven, just use this method to make buns without oven.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Masala Buns Recipe
- All Purpose flour / Maida - 3 cups
- Warm Milk - ½ cup
- Warm Water - ½ cup or as needed
- Dry Yeast - 1.5 tsp
- Sugar - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
FOR ONION MIX:
- Oil - 3 tblsp
- Fennel Seeds - 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1 large sliced thinly
- Garlic - 6 cloves chopped
- Green Chillies - 1 chopped finely
- Curry leaves a handful
- Salt to taste
- Milk - 2 tblsp
- Oil - 3 tblsp
- Chilli flakes - ½ tsp
- Oregano - ½ tsp
- Salt a pinch
- Take oil in a pan, add fennel and cumin seeds.
- Add in onions, garlic, chillies and curry leaves. Saute till lightly golden. Add salt and mix well.
- Take milk, water, sugar, yeast in a bowl and mix well. Leave to sit for 5 mins to activate.
- Now add in all purpose flour and salt and mix well.
- Add in the onion mix and knead to a soft dough.
- Now cover and let it rest for 1 to 2 hours till doubled in size.
- Punch the dough down and knead well.
- Now take small portion of the dough and shape it into ball.
- Arrange it in a baking pan, cover and let it rise for 30 mins.
- During the last 10 mins or rising, PREHEAT OVEN TO 200 DEGREE C.
- Mix all the ingredients for topping.
- Brush all over the buns and bake for 12 to 18 mins.
- Remove and serve.
1)Heat oil in a pan
2)Add cumin and fennel seeds
3)Add sliced onions and garlic
4)Add green chillies
5)Saute till translucent
6)Now it is done.
7)Add some salt.
9)Take warm milk in a bowl.
9)Add in warm water
10)Add little sugar
11)Sprinkle over some dry yeast
12)Mix well and let it activate
13)You can see now it is foamy
14)Add in all purpose flour
16)Add in some black pepper powder
18)Add in the sauted onions with the oil.
19)Knead to a soft dough like
20)Just like this
21)Apply oil on top
22)Wrap with plastic wrap and let it rest for 1 to 2 hours
25)Now it has doubled in size.
26)Punch down the air
27)Take small portion
28)Shape it into ball.
29)Arrange it in a parchment lined baking pan.
30)Leave to rise for 30 mins.
21)Now lets make the topping, take milk in a bowl.
22)Add some oil
23)Sprinkle some salt, chilli flakes, black pepper, oregano
24)Mix well so it is mixed well.
25)Brush generously over the buns
26)Add close look at this beauty
27)Bake it in a 200 Degree C preheated oven for 12 to 18 mins
28)Remove and serve warm
How much instant dry yeast should I use?
I tried this n my children loved it..
Hi aarthi 1cup equals how much measurement
I tried everything cams out well but lacked any flavor.
Which yeast do u use?
Excellent recipe! I just made these. The flavor is rich snd the taste is delicious. I have been searching for a good khara bun recipe, so thank you.
Thanks I Tried this recipe and it came out well. Your blog is very detailed.
Hi Aarti...can I use whole wheat flour for the buns and get the same result
it may be little dense. but still it will taste good with whole wheat flour
Excellent step-by- step recipe. Made them today and everyone just loved them. Will definitely make them again
Hii akka... can v use wheat flour instead of all purpose flour?