Mexican Tacos Recipe with Step by Step Pictures.
Tacos is a easy recipe which is made using cooked kidney beans and spices. The whole thing is filled inside crisp shell with cheese, onions, lettuce and tomatoes.
My husband loves tacos and i make it quite often for him. You can buy taco shell in super market these days they are easily available. Or you can make it your own. Will share a separate recipe for taco shells. You can find it in amazon if you cannot find it in local shop.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know it turns out for you.
- Kidney Beans / Rajma - 2 cups
- Olive Oil - 3 tblsp
- Onion - 2 chopped finely
- Garlic - 6 cloves chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 2 chopped finely
- Tomato Puree - 1 cup
- Oregano - 2 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Pepper - 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Flakes - 1 tsp
- Taco Shell - 12
- Cheese - 1 cup shredded
- Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Tomato - 1 chopped finely
- Lettuce - 2 cups shredded
- Coriander leaves as needed
- Soak kidney beans overnight. Pressure cook for 4 to 5 whistle. Set aside,
- Heat oil and saute onions, garlic and chillies. Cook till golden.
- Add in beans along with cooking liquid, salt, all spices and mix well. Add in tomato puree and mix well.
- Mash it well using a masher.
- Simmer for 15 mins or so.
- Now bake taco shell in oven as per package directions.
- Fill with beans, cheese, onions, tomatoes, coriander and lettuce.
1)Pressure cook kidney beans in a cooker till it is cooked.
2)Heat olive oil in a pan
3)Heat it well
4)Add in onions, garlic and green chillies
5)Add in beans
6)Add in parsley, oregano
7)Add in cumin powder
8)Add in salt, red chilli flakes and black pepper
9)Add in tomato puree
10)Mash it well
11)Now the mix is done
12)Take taco shells
13)You can bake this for 15 mins in a oven as per package instructions.
14)Now time to fill it.
15)Spoon the filling in
16)Spoon cheese in it.
17)Top with onions, tomatoes, parsley
13)Top with lettuce