Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Multigrain Sandwich Bread Recipe with step by step pictures.
Multigrain bread is a healthier option for regular bread. This has ragi, oats, wheat and gram flour in them which makes it wholesome and hearty.
I added regular flours which i already have on hand and made this. This made the bread rich and nutrient. Since this bread is made using whole wheat flour, the bread itself is little dense and hearty. It makes best toast for breakfast.
Here is a video version:
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Multigrain Bread Recipe
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 cup 120 grams
- Wheat Flour - 2 cup 240 grams
- Oats Powdered - ½ cup 45 grams
- Ragi Flour - ¼ cup 30 grams
- Gram flour / Besan - 1 tblsp
- Dry Yeast - 1 tblsp
- Warm Water - 1 cup 240 ml
- Salt to taste
- Oil - ¼ cup 60 ml
- Honey - ¼ cup 60 ml
- Take yeast in a bowl, add in warm water and set aside for 5 mins for the yeast to activate.
- Now to this add in olive oil and honey and mix well.
- Take all flour in a bowl, along with salt and mix well.
- Add the yeast mix and knead to a dough.
- Now take the dough into the counter and knead for at least 10 mins for it to turn soft and springy.
- Now place it back into a oiled bowl and cover it. Leave it to rest for 1 to 2 hours till it doubles is size.
- Now grease a loaf pan, take the dough out and knead it well. Flatten it to the size of the loaf pan.
- Roll it tight. Now place it back into the loaf pan and cover it again and leave to rise for 45 mins.
- During the last 10 mins of the dough rising. Preheat oven to 180 degree c.
- Now brush top with milk, sprinkle sesame seeds and oats.
- Pop it into a preheated oven and cook for 35 to 40 mins.
- Remove and cool for 5 mins.
- Now invert it to a cooling rack and cool.
- Slice and serve.
1)Take all your ingredients
2)Take yeast in a jug.
3)Add in warm water
4)Set aside for 5 mins
5)Now yeast has activated
6)Add in olive oil
7)Add in honey
9)Take all purpose flour in a bowl
10)Add in wheat flour
11)Add in oats powdered
12)Add in gram flour
13)Add in ragi flour
14)Add in salt
15)Add in the yeast mix
16)Knead to a soft dough
12)Transfer the dough to a work surface
13)start kneading. knead for 10 mins.
14)Place it in a oiled bowl.
15)Cover and leave to rise for 2 hours.
16)Grease a loaf pan with oil
18)Roll it tight
19)Place it in loaf pan and leave to rise for 45 mins
20)Brush top with milk
21)Sprinkle top with sesame seeds and oats
22)bake till done
23)Slice and serve