Spicy Potato Masala Buns Recipe with Step by Step pictures. Spicy potato filling stuffed inside dough and baked into a buns.
I made this last week and it was a huge hit in my family,Everyone liked it so much..I will surely make this again..The dough for this recipe is the basic pizza dough recipe that I have already posted in my blog..Check this link for the recipe,Do the dough exactly same way.. This buns will be great for a picnic, since it is less messy and basically it is very simple to make..In fact you could put any filling in this.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
📖 Recipe Card
Potato Masala Buns Recipe
- Basic Pizza Dough
- For Filling:
- Potato-2 cup mashed
- Peas-1 cup frozen/defrosted
- Onion-1 chopped
- Capsicum-½ chopped
- Red chilli powder-1 tsp
- Turmeric powder / manjal podi -1 tsp
- Coriander powder / malli podi-1 tblspn
- Garam masala powder-1 tsp
- Tomato Ketchup-1 tblspn
- Cumin seeds / jeera-1 tsp
- Saunf / sombu-1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil-1 tblspn
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 220° C(450° F)
- Get the basic pizza dough ready for this...Check this link for the dough recipe.
- In the mean time make the filling.In a frying pan add oil and crackle some cumin and saunf in it.
- Add in onions,capsicum and mix well.Throw in red chilli powder,turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and mix well.Season with salt.
- Add in tomato ketchup with this.
- Now add in peas and potatoes and mix till combined.garnish with coriander leaves and mix well.
- Let this cool down.Divide into equal balls and set this aside for a moment.
- Divide the dough into equal balls and set it aside.
- Take the dough ball and flatten it slightly,place the filling inside this and seal it from all edges.Make it into a round shape and place on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Make every dough like this and place it in a baking sheet leaving some space between them,because they will expand.
- Cover it with a cloth and let it rise for 30 min..If you want you could brush the buns with a beaten egg or milk .
- Now place this in a preheated oven for 15-20 min till lightly golden on the top.
- Remove it from the oven and brush it with some butter or oil and serve warm.
Potato Masala Buns Step by Step
|Grab your ingredients|
|Crackle cumin and fennel|
|Saute some onions and bell pepper|
|add turmeric and chilli powder|
|throw some spice powders|
|add in ketchup|
|add some frozen peas|
|Tip this in a bowl|
|Take the dough out and divide in to equal portions..|
|Stuff the stuffing inside the dough|
|Arrange it in a tray|
|let it rise...apply some milk over this|
|Bakes to perfection|
|Brush with butter|