Homemade Pasta Sauce Recipe with step by step pictures. Basic & Quickest Tomato Sauce is made with tomatoes, chillies and oregano.
Homemade Pasta Sauce
I love pasta which is tossed in tomato sauce than a cream based pasta. My sister always insist me to make tomato pasta whenever i do pasta dish. Because they like that style of dish. I have quite a few pasta dish in this blog. You can check everything here. One of my favorite is Cheesy Tomato Pasta & Creamy Tomato Pasta. But if you are looking for a simple tomato pasta dish, i have that too here.
You can play a lot with pasta. Check out my Roasted Pepper Pasta and Mushroom Pasta if you are looking for a different style of pasta dish.My sister favorite is the world famous macroni and cheese..I hope i have linked almost all pasta recipe in this blog.
Storing few jars of pasta sauce in your fridge is a brilliant thing to do. It comes handy when you are planning for a quick dinner. You can use this pasta sauce for many recipes starting from making creamy tomato pasta to meat sauce as well.
Garlic Butter Spaghetti
Stir Fry Spaghetti
Grilled Chicken Pasta
Spaghetti Aglio Olio
Chicken & Veggie Pasta
About this Recipe
Now lets talk about this sauce. I always wanted to post a basic pasta sauce in this blog after i shared the simple pizza sauce recipe which was years back. I wanted to add some vegetables in my pasta sauce to make it tasty and healthy..Finally i made the pasta sauce and used it in a very very special recipe which will be posted tomorrow.
Pasta sauce and tomato sauce are similar but not the same. The primary distinction between tomato sauce for pasta and pizza sauce is that pasta sauce is cooked as part of the sauce preparation process, whereas pizza sauce is an uncooked tomato sauce that cooks alongside the pizza.
People frequently use tomato sauce to make pasta sauces or spaghetti sauce, so it makes sense to substitute one of these options.
Where did pasta sauce originate?
Marinara Sauces exact origins are unknown, but it was most likely developed in the southern region of Italy, in either Naples or Sicily, after tomatoes first arrived in Europe via explorers from the New World in the 16th century.
Ingredients for Pasta Sauce Recipe
Use ripe and red tomatoes. Red tomatoes adds sweetness to the sauce also adds bright red colour.
Tomato flavour is frequently described as sweet, tart, tangy, or well- balanced. Tomato flavour is also known as classic tomato flavour or old-fashioned tomato flavour in some cases. Some tomatoes are described as having a mild or bland flavour.
If you are a garlic lover, use as much as you like. I love garlic so i add a generous amount of it.
Addition of herbs is your choice. You can add lots of basil, oregano, italian herbs. Each herbs add different flavour.
4)Seasoning and Balancing Taste
Add the right amount of sugar, salt to balance the tomato sauce. If your tomatoes are too sour, add little extra sugar. If it is too sweet, skip adding the sugar.
Onions are considered a basic ingredient or the foundation of Indian cooking and are used to make any gravy, curry, or bhuna dish. The flavour and aroma of onion transforms any ordinary dish into a mouthwatering and delectable one.
Pasta Sauce Recipe | Homemade Pasta Sauce Recipe | How to Make Pasta Sauce
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 small Onion chopped finely
- 4 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 medium Carrot chopped
- ½ medium Bell Peppers / Capsicum chopped finely
- 4 large Tomatoes chopped finely
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 2 tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 4 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- Heat olive oil in a sauce pan, add in onions, garlic and saute till translucent.
- Add in carrot, bell pepper and saute for a min. Add in tomatoes and mix well.
- Cover this and simmer for 10 mins till everything is mixed well.
- Let this cool a bit and take it in a blender and puree it, you can make it smooth or coarse.
- Transfer it to the same pan and add salt, sugar, oregano and chilli flakes. Mix well..
- Add in ketchup and mix well.
- Now cover it simmer this for 10 mins till oil floats on top. Let it cool down before storing it in fridge in a air tight container.
- Store this in air tight container in fridge for 4 to 5 days.
- You can just toss cooked hot pasta with this sauce and have it or use in any pasta dish.
- Add carrots and bell pepper is optional, you can leave it if you like.
Pasta Sauce Recipe Step by Step
|Take all your ingredients|
How to Make Pasta Sauce in Bulk
Ingredients for Making Pasta Sauce in Bulk
- Tomato - 2 lb 1 kg
- Olive Oil - ¼ cup
- Garlic - 15 cloves chopped finely
- Red Chilli Flakes - 1 tbsp
- Oregano or Italian Seasoning - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Sugar - 2 tbsp or to taste
How to Make Pasta Sauce in Bulk
- Chop tomatoes and puree till smooth.
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add in chopped garlic and saute for a min.
- Add in tomato puree and cook for 10 mins.
- Now add in sugar and salt and mix well.
- Add in red chilli flakes, italian seasoning and mix well. Simmer for 10 mins.
- Remove from heat and pour it into jars.
- Store in fridge
Step by Step
1)Heat olive oil in a pan
2)Add in chopped garlic
3)Saute for a min.
4)Add in tomato puree
5)Add in salt
6)Add in sugar
7)Add in italian herbs.
8)Add in red chilli flakes
9)Mix well and simmer for 10 to 15 mins
10)Now sauce is done
11)Cool the sauce a little.
12)Take your jars.
13)Fill with the sauce
14)Cover and seal. Store in fridge.
Variations you can make
- Add roasted garlic in the end for roasted garlic flavour
- roasted bell peppers enhances taste for pepper tomato pasta sauce
- Addition of fresh basil adds so much flavour.
- You can add extra chillies to make the sauce spicy.
How to Store Pasta Sauce
- If you are making huge batch of pasta sauce. You can freeze them in ziploc bags or small individual containers.
- Portion cooled pasta sauce in individual jars and store in fridge. Stays good for 1 month.
Tips & Tricks
- Make a huge batch of this sauce and freeze half of it.
- You can use this sauce in any pasta recipes.
- This sauce stays good for over a month in fridge.
Colorful and lovely looking sauce. Excellent preparation.
How many days ut will last? Sethu
thanks for sharing Pasta sauce recipe 🙂
@Anonymous this can be stored for 4 to 5 days in fridge. you can freeze it for upto 3 months.
i m regularly opt ur dish..
What a coincidence just made white sauce pasta and was thinking of tpmato sauce pasta recipe ...Regards Pooja