Spicy Pepper Mutton Curry Recipe with Step by Step Pictures.
Pepper mutton curry which is super flavourful and spicy. This has a pop of sweetness coming from the small onions.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Coconut Oil - 1/4 cup
- Fennel seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 1 tsp
- Cardamom / Yelakai - 4
- Cloves / Krambu - 4
- Bay Leaf - 1
- Fennel Seeds / Saunf / Sombu - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1 stick
- Onion - 3 large chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 4
- Tomato - 2 chopped finely
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tblsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 2 tblsp
- Chilli Powder - 2 tblsp
- Cumin Powder - 2 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1 tblsp
- Mutton - 1 kg chopped
- Salt to taste
- Whole black pepper - 1 tblsp
- Fennel seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 2 tsp
- Small onion / Shallots - 15 peeled
- Curry leaves a handful
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add in whole spices and let them sizzle.
- Add in Onions and cook till golden. Add in ginger garlic paste and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add in mutton pieces and saute till it is well seared. It will take around 10 mins.
- Now add in tomatoes and spice powders and salt. Cook that for 5 mins.
- Add in water and cover and cook for 4 whistle. Now let the pressure escape by itself.
- Open the cooker and add in shallots and curry leaves and simmer for 10 mins.
- Dry toast pepper and fennel. Grind till fine.
- Once the shallots is cooked, add the pepper mix and mix well.
- Take it off the heat.
1)Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add in whole spices.
2)Add in chopped onions
3)Saute till golden.Add in ginger garlic paste
4)Add turmeric powder
5)Add in mutton pieces
6)Stir fry the mutton in the oil for around 10 to 15 mins
7)The mutton pieces are well seared
8)Add in spice powders
9)Add green chillies and mix well
12)Cook for 2 mins. Add in water. Add very little water
14)Cover and pressure cook
15)Dry roast, pepper and fennel seeds
16)Cook till it is toasted
17)Take it in a jar
18)Powder till fine
19)Now the pressure is released
20)Add in small onions and curry leaves
21)Cook for 10 mins
22)Now shallots is cooked
23)Add powdered spice