Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Plain Seasoned Quinoa Upma Recipe - Easy Quinoa Recipes with step wise pictures.
Quinoa upma is a healthy upma which is great for breakfast. This is a healthy alternative for other upma and is very tasty too.
Quinoa in Spanish, from Quechua kinwa or kinuwa. is a species of the goosefoot genus, a grain crop grown primarily for its edibleseeds. It is a pseudocereal, similar in some respects to buckwheat, rather than a true cereal, as it is not a member of the true grass family.
How to cook Quinoa
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Plain Seasoned Quinoa Upma Recipe
- Quinoa - 1 cup
- Oil - 1 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Urad Dal / Ulundu Paruppu - 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves - 1 sprig
- Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Green Chilli - 1 chopped finely
- Water - 2 cups
- Coriander Leaves - 3 tblsp chopped
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan, add in mustard, urad dal and fry till golden.
- Add in curry leaves and mix well.
- Add in onions and chillies and saute for a min.
- Add in washed quinoa and toast for 2 mins.
- Add in water, salt and mix well.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 10 to 12 mins.
- Now open and fluff up the quinoa.
1)Take oil in a pan. Add in mustard and urad dal.
2)Add in curry leaves
3)Add in onions and green chillies
4)Saute them for 2 mins.
5)Add in washed quinoa
6)Toast them for 2 mins.
7)Add in salt.
9)Add coriander leaves
11)Bring it to a boil.
12)Cover and simmer till all water has absorbed.
13)Now the quinoa is done.
14)Fluff the quinoa