Thengai Chammanthi Recipe – Kerala Coconut Chammanthi Recipe with step wise pictures.
Super spicy and delicious coconut chammanthi made kerala style. This one is so easy to make and is so tasty as well.
Fast and easy chutney chutney. This taste so good with rice or kanji, it taste so good with idli as well too.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Shallots / Sambar Onion - 4
- GInger - 1 tblsp
- Curry leaves a small handful
- Dry Red Chillies - 5
- Kashmiri Red Chillies - 4
- Coconut - 1 cup grated
- Tamarind a small piece
- Salt to taste
- Coconut Oil - 1 tblsp
- Take all ingredients in a blender except coconut, salt and oil.
- Pulse few times.
- Add coconut and salt. Grind to a mixture without adding water.
- Remove to a plate.
- Add coconut oil and shape it into ball.
- Serve with rice or kanji.
1)Take all your ingredients
2)Try to use fresh coconut. If not remove the coconut from freezer 30 mins before making this
3)Take shallots, gingers, tamarind in a blender
4)Add dry red chillies. I am using kashmiri chillies for colour
5)Add curry leaves
6)Pulse few times to grind this mix
7)Add in coconut
9)Now grind this fine without adding water
10)Scrape the sides occasionally when grinding
12)It has to be in this texture
13)Take it in a plate
14)Add little coconut oil
15)Roll it into a ball