Prune Bars Recipe – Eggless Prune Stuffed Pastry Bars Recipe with step wise pictures.
Super healthy and delicious prune bars which is inspired from the Nature’s Bakery Fig Bar. This taste so delicious and instead of prunes you can use figs too.
One of our relative bought a packet of nature’s bakery fig bars. I was very much inspired from that, because it tasted so delicious. I wanted to recreate it at home and thought of making it, but to my bad time i ran out of figs, but i had lots of prunes. So i used that to make this bar. I used my basic shortcrust pastry for this but will soon share a whole wheat recipe using figs.
Monster Cookies without Flour
Chocolate Fudge Cookies
Coloured Ghee Cookies
Glazed Chocolate Cookies
Custard Powder Cookies
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 cup 120 grams
- Confectioners Sugar / Icing Sugar - 1/3 cup
- Salt a pinch
- Cold Unsalted Butter - 1/4 cup 50 grams
- Cold Water - 1 tblsp
- Dried Prunes - 1 cup
- Honey - 3 to 4 tblsp or as needed
- Take flour, icing sugar, salt in a bowl and mix well. Grate in cold butter and rub into the flour. Add ice water and knead to a dough. Cover with plastic wrap and chill the dough for 30 mins.
- For filling, take prunes and honey in a blender and puree till smooth.
- Now take the dough and cut in half. Roll it like a long log like. Now spread the filling in it in the middle.
- seal from both sides.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for another 30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Take the dough from fridge. Cut into pieces.
- Arrange on a parchment lined baking pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 mins till it is light golden.
- Remove and cool down.
- Store in air tight container.
1)First make the pastry. Take all purpose flour in a bowl.
2)Add in icing sugar
3)Add a pinch of salt.
5)Take some cold butter
6)Grate it in
7)Rub it well into the mix
8)Add spoonful of cold water and knead to a dough
9)Now the dough is made
10)Cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate the dough for 30 mins.
11)Now make the filling, the prunes
12)Take it in a blender
13)Add in honey
14)Puree till fine
15)Take it in a bowl
16)Take the dough from fridge
17)Cut in half and work with that first. Place plastic sheets on both sides
18)Roll it into long rectangle like
19)Peel off the plastic wrap
21)Wrap from one side
22)Then from the other side
23)Wrap it well and chill for 30 mins
24)Peel off the plastic wrap
25)Cut it into pieces
26)Arrange in a parchment lined baking pan
27)Bake for 15 to 20 mins till light golden