Ferrero Rocher Cake Recipe - Chocolate Hazelnut Cake Recipe with step wise pictures.
Such an amazing and decadent cake which taste very close to ferrero rocher. Chocolate sponge cake, frosted with nutella frosting and then topped with hazelnut chocolate sauce.
It was my dream to bake this cake, Finally i did it few days back and it was so delicious and decadent. I am telling you, this is one of the best ever cake i ever baked.
This cake has a chocolate hazelnut sponge cake, which is then frosted with nutella cream and then the whole cake is topped with a chocolate hazelnut topping which taste very similar to ferrero rocher chocolates. OMG, is the only word to describe this cake. It is so chocolate and taste so heavenly.
Yes ofcourse this cake takes some time to bake, but is so worth the effort. You can make this for any special occasions to make the day even more special. I have given step by step pictures on how to make this cake clearly. So it will be very easy for you to bake.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Ferrero Rocher Cake Recipe
- Eggs - 4
- Sugar - 1 ½ cup
- Vanilla Extract - 2 tsp
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 ½ cup
- Baking Powder - 2 tsp
- Hazelnut Powder - ½ cup
- Cocoa Powder - 4 tblsp
- Milk - 200 ml + ¼ cup for brushing over cake
- Unsalted Butter - ½ cup 110 grams
- Nutella - ½ cup
- Dark chocolate - 1 cup 175 grams
- Cream or Milk - ½ cup
- Hazelnuts - ¾ cup chopped finely
- Ferrero Rocher as needed
MY 1 CUP MEASURES 240 ML
PAN SIZE : 18 CM
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Line 2 round pan with parchment paper and grease it lightly on the sides and bottom. Or you can grease a pan well with oil and dust with flour.
- Mix flour, cocoa, baking powder and hazelnut powder and set aside.
- Take milk and butter in a sauce pan and heat it gently till butter melts. Take it off the heat and add vanilla and set aside.
- Take eggs in a large bowl, whip using a beater till light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and whip again.
- Now add in the flour mix and fold gently.
- Now pour in the milk and butter mix and fold gently.
- Divide it between the pans and pop it in oven and cook for 35 to 40 mins.
- Remove and cool completely.
- Now make frosting, whip cream till thick and stiff. take cream cheese, nutella, icing sugar and mix well. Now add in whipped cream and mix well. frosting done.
- Now slice off the top of the cake to make it flat. Split the cake in half.
- Brush each cake layer with some milk and spread frosting over it, place another cake on top and repeat the same till you have four layers of cake.
- Now spread frosting all over the cake.
- Chill the cake for 2 hours in fridge before pour the topping.
- For topping. take nutella, milk, chocolate and melt it gently. Now add hazelnuts and mix well. Cool it lightly.
- Pour over the cake.
- Put in fridge to set.
- Decorate with ferrero rocher chocolates and slice and serve.
1)Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Line two 8 inch cake pan with parchment paper and grease it well.
2)Take butter in sauce pan
3)Add in milk
4)Heat till butter melts. Now add vanilla and mix well.
5)Mix well and set aside.
6)Now make hazelnut powder, take hazelnut in a blender and powder it. Dont blend too much else it will get oily.
7)Powder it and set aside.
8)Mix the dried ingredients, take all purpose flour
9)Add cocoa powder
10)Add hazelnut powder
11)Add baking powder
12)Mix well and set aside.
13)Take eggs in a large bowl.
14)Whip till gets fluffy
16)Whip till fluffy and light.
17)Add in the flour mix
19)Pour the milk mix
21)Pour it into the pans and bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 mins.
22)Now it is baked, Insert a toothpick to check whether the cake is done.
23)Now lets make the frosting, take cream in a bowl and whip till thick and stiff.
Add nutella to cream cheese
25)Add icing sugar
27)Add whipped cream.
28)Mix well. frosting done.
29)Now take cooled cake, slice the dome off
30)Split it in half
31)Place a cake on a plate and put parchment strips around it.
32)Brush top with milk
33)Spread some frosting on top.
35)Place another cake and repeat the same.
36)brush top lightly with milk and spread frosting
37)Place third layer and soak with milk and apply frosting
38)Place final layer on and brush with milk.
40)Spread with frosting
41)Spread on sides as well. Now put the cake in fridge for atleast 2 hours.
42)Now lets make the topping, take hazelnuts in a ziploc bag
43)Crush it gently.
44)Take nutella in a saucepan
45)Add little cream or milk.
46)Add chopped dark chocolate
47)Heat it lightly so chocolate melts
48)Add the hazelnuts
49)Mix well. cool this lightly.
50)Pour over the cake and spread
51)Take ferrero rocher chocolates,
52)peel off the paper
53)Decorate the cake
54)Let the cake set for few hours. slice and serve.
55)It taste more delicious than it looks.