Quail Egg Roast is an easy side dish you can make for rice. It goes well with rasam, sambar or any kulambu. This taste so delicious.
Quail Egg Roast
This is a simplest egg dish. I normally use regular eggs in this, but this time i decided to use quail eggs and it was delicious. It has a base of simple onions and tomatoes and can be made in few mins. It can be made in a jiffy and taste great with either rice or roti. So good.
About this Recipe
The common quail, also known as the European quail, is a small ground-nesting game bird in the Phasianidae family of pheasants. It is primarily migratory, spending the winter in Africa and southern India after breeding in the western Palearctic. This species of quail is more often heard than seen, thanks to its distinctive call of three
Many parts of the world, including Asia, Europe, and North America, consider quail eggs to be a delicacy. They are sometimes used raw or cooked as tamago in sushi and are frequently found in bento lunches in Japanese cuisine. Quail eggs are considered less exotic in some other countries.
Kwek-kwek is a popular street food delicacy in the Philippines, consisting of soft-boiled quail eggs dipped in orange batter before being skewered and deep-fried.
The Quail Egg Roast is a spicy dish that can be served as an appetiser or as a side dish with rice, roti, or appam.
I love how those cute little eggs look in this dish, my little one loves quail eggs so i usually buy it every week. Quail eggs are really good for you, it has lots of health properties in them.
What is the difference between chicken and quail eggs?
Although quail eggs are smaller than chicken eggs, they contain more fat, protein, iron, riboflavin, and vitamin B12 by weight. However, they are more expensive and difficult to find than chicken eggs.
Ingredients for Quail Egg Roast Recipe :
Quail eggs are quickly gaining popularity in the kitchen as a tiny and adorable alternative to chicken eggs. They taste remarkably similar to chicken eggs but are only one-third the size of a standard chicken egg. They have cream-colored shells with brown splotches and yolks that are deep yellow.
It is primarily used as a culinary ingredient. The bark oil is used in the commercial production of baked goods and confectionery, whereas cinnamon-based oleoresin is used in the production of cake mixes and convenience foods.
Garam Masala Powder:
The whole spices in the Garam Masala blend have already been toasted before being ground. As a result, it is not necessary to cook it. If the garam masala is added too soon, it will become overcooked and lose its flavour. Garam masala aromatics require only a small amount of heat to release their aroma and flavours.
Quail Egg Roast Recipe | Kaada Muttai Roast Recipe
- Quail Eggs - 20
- Oil - 1 tblspn
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1 small piece
- Fennel Seeds / Sombu - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - 2 sprig
- Onion - 1 large chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 2 chopped finely
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblspn
- Tomatoes - 2 medium size chopped finely
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder / Manjal Podi - ½ tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves a handful finely chopped
- Boil quail eggs in water for 3 to 4 mins. Wash it in lots of cold water and peel the skin off. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add in fennel seeds and cinnamon and curry leaves. Let them sizzle.
- Add in onions, chillies and salt. Cook this for 4 to 5 mins till it is golden.
- Add in ginger garlic paste and mix well. Add in spice powders and mix well.
- Add in tomatoes and cook that down till it is done.
- Add in cooked eggs and mix that through.
- Add in coriander leaves and mix well.
Quail Egg Roast Step by Step
4)Boil this for 4 mins
5)wash it with cold water
6)One eggs are cold peel the skin
Version 2: Quail Egg Pepper Roast
Quail Egg Pepper Roast
Quail Pepper roast is an easy side dish you can make for rice. It goes well with rasam, sambar or any kulambu. This taste so delicious.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Andhra Chicken Curry
Easy Chicken Curry
Traditional Chicken Curry
No Coconut Chicken Curry
Roasted Chicken Curry
Quail Egg Pepper Roast Recipe
- Oil - 1 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - ½ tsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - ½ tsp
- Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Quail Eggs - 15 boiled
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander Leaves - 2 tblsp chopped finely
- Boil quail eggs for 5 mins, peel them and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and let them sizzle.
- Add in onions and cook till golden.
- Add in quail egg and mix well.
- Add salt and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add in pepper powder and coriander leaves.
- Mix and serve.
Quail Egg Pepper Roast with Step by Step Pictures
1)Heat oil in a pan, add mustard and cumin seeds
2)Add chopped onions or shallots
3)Saute till golden
4)Add boiled quail eggs
6)Add turmeric powder and salt.
8)Add pepper powder
9)Add in coriander leaves
Version 3: Quail Egg Onion Roast
We were roaming around our favorite supermarket, Suddenly I stopped in front of a small fridge kept on the way..There I found these small packets..I was wondering what it is, since it was the first time I ever saw this.. I called hubby for the answer, he told that it is kaada muttai(quail eggs). In addition to that he told that he has tasted it in a restaurant and it was not that good, But I don't know how you will make it..I wanted to take that, but wondered how it will taste like.
But later confidentally tooked a pack and reached home..That night I made a simple egg fry using this, I treated it like normal eggs…The result was awesome and hubby loved it a lot..He told that we should buy couple more packets on our next shopping.
The taste was pretty much like normal eggs, but tasted so good..I loved the way it looked like tiny morsels which I think is so cute..I am damn sure that kids will love these…Hope you will give these a try and tell me how it turned out..
Ingredients for Quail Egg Onion Roast
Quail Eggs / Kaada Muttai - 12
Onion - 1 medium size sliced thinly
Curry leaves - 1 spring
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil- 1 tblspn
How to Make Quail Egg Onion Roast
- Take quail eggs in a sauce pan and cover it with water. Bring it to boil and cook it for 5-7 mins. Remove from heat and peel off the skin.Keep this aside till use.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add in curry leaves and saute them for 30 sec.
- Add in onion and cook for 3 mins till they turn slightly translucent.
- Now add in salt and chilli powder and mix well.
- Add in the cooked eggs and toss well in the masala.
- Fry this in the masala for 3 mins.
- Remove this to a bowl and serve with rice.
|Take all your simple stuffs|
|You need some fresh quail eggs|
|For those who are like me, seeing these eggs for the time..|
|add eggs in water and cook|
|Peel the eggs ans set aside..Aren't they cute|
|No time to saute...heat some oil|
|add curry leaves|
|saute till the onions turn translucent|
|add in salt and chilli powder|
|now add in the tiny cute eggs|
|and toss well|
Really nice looking meal 🙂 I was planning to do something with quail eggs and I think I'll try your recipe 🙂
Ma'am, kindly add the instructions below the pics, as is your normal style. They explain the whole process so elegantly, and make even novices want to try their hand at cooking....
Brilliant website ... two thumbs up! 🙂