Kadala Curry for Puttu – Puttu Kadala Curry Recipe with step wise pictures.
Healthy whole some chana curry which taste amazing with rice, puttu, appam and idiyappam. Serve it for breakfast and you will love it.
This dal is one of my favorite. I love having it with plain white rice or roti. This dal is so delicious, it has a spicy flavour. The seasoning has to be done in ghee which gives pure aroma and taste to it. You can enjoy this dal as it is too.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Black Chana - 500 grams
- Coconut Oil - 2 tblsp
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1 small piece
- Cardamom / Yelakai - 4
- Cloves / Krambu - 4
- Fennel seeds / Sombu - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1 large chopped finely
- Curry Leaves a handful
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblsp
- Tomato - 1 chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 2 slit
- Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tblsp
- Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp
- Black Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 2 tsp
- Coconut - 1 cup grated
- Salt to taste
- Soak chana overnight. Pressure cook for 7 to 8 whistle. Remove ½ cup chana in a blender and puree till smooth.
- Take coconut in a blender and puree till smooth.
- Heat oil in a pan, add whole spices and let them sizzle.
- Add in onions, curry leaves, chillies and saute till golden.
- Add iginger garlic paste and mix well.
- Add tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Add salt and spice powders and mix well.
- Add coconut paste and mix well.
- Add chana, along with cooking liquid. Add pureed chana and more water if needed.
- Simmer the whole thing for 10 mins.
- Serve with aapam, idiyappam or puttu.
1)Soak black chana overnight. Pressure cook for 7 to 8 whistle.
2)The chana has to be soft
3)Take coconut in a blender
4)Puree till smooth
5)heat oil in a pan, add whole spices
6)Add curry leaves
8)Add green chillies
10)Cook till mushy
11)Cover and cook
12)Now it is softened
13)Add spice powders
14)Saute for 2 mins
15)Add coconut paste
17)Add cooked chana along with cooking liquid
18)Take some chana in a blender
19)Puree till smooth
20)Add them in
22)Add some water
25)Simmer for 10 more mins